Mairvul heads upp Eye-81

STARSNBARS

30 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Murvil was as good as advertised, plus DB made way too many mistakes.    I think that first DB fumble inside the 10 set the tone for the game.

Yep !!!!

In two of the toughest games , Alcoa and Maryville , DB had (to many fumbles at important times and way to many stupid penalties) ! 

Play calling coming out of half sucked as well 

But I did get to talk to a few long term Important DB alumni and they are more excited about next year because of the Sophomores currently is the team that really shined coming up as youth .. They "at the beginning of season thought DB could get 6-7 wins this season , but 2020 was going to be the year to look forward too !!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kingindian33 said:

Yep !!!!

In two of the toughest games , Alcoa and Maryville , DB had (to many fumbles at important times and way to many stupid penalties) ! 

Play calling coming out of half sucked as well 

But I did get to talk to a few long term Important DB alumni and they are more excited about next year because of the Sophomores currently is the team that really shined coming up as youth .. They "at the beginning of season thought DB could get 6-7 wins this season , but 2020 was going to be the year to look forward too !!!

The team and coaching staff should be proud of the job they did this year. I really liked coach Christians comments after the game. He knows what it's going to take. Got to get the city on board and do something positive with the little leagues and middle schools. That's where all these mistakes and turnovers come from. Everybody needs to get behind Christian and push the city to get this fixed. DB will be better next year but there's a lot of ground to cover to get to Maryville's level.

Maryville was excellent on both sides of the ball, as expected. But dang, that kicking game may be their undoing against a team more capable of going toe to toe with them on offense and defense. What the heck is up with that? I mean that might have made sense if we had Willie Gault back there or something, but we don't.  And that punt after the first possession . . . yikes. Of course I guess the punter doesn't exactly get many opportunities either, lol. Still, a very impressive team, and good luck moving forward Rebs. 

8 minutes ago, Tribal said:

Maryville was excellent on both sides of the ball, as expected. But dang, that kicking game may be their undoing against a team more capable of going toe to toe with them on offense and defense. What the heck is up with that? I mean that might have made sense if we had Willie Gault back there or something, but we don't.  And that punt after the first possession . . . yikes. Of course I guess the punter doesn't exactly get many opportunities either, lol. Still, a very impressive team, and good luck moving forward Rebs. 

Thank you. Our kicker is a freshman and our punter is a cheerleader/tight end. 

My thawts onn tha gaim......

1. Momma injoyed tha big ole band and tha big ole Pals

2. #1 fer D-B throws a good bawl

c. Mairvul's littull ole scramblers onn D played goodur....Espashlee ole #17 twonite

d. We haiv got two werk onn tha kickin' gaim

5. Eye saw tha furst 60 yard block twonite bye AJ on Cade's long TD....grait effert.....

:popcorneater:

• Like 1

I’m gonna throw this out there, and I know I didn’t participate in any discussion on this thread, but keeping up with this thread all week has been fun. The back and forth has been fun, and very enjoyable. 

that being said, obviously this game did not go in favor of the Tribe, but a few mistakes here and there keep this one a really close game. 3 turnovers in positive territory and 2 of them are inside the 10 yard line, can’t happen against the Mighty Rebs. I’m very proud of how the kids fought, and they more than exceeded preseason expectations. I hope they take this into the offseason and build for an even better 2020 season. Roll Tribe. 

10 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

I’m gonna throw this out there, and I know I didn’t participate in any discussion on this thread, but keeping up with this thread all week has been fun. The back and forth has been fun, and very enjoyable. 

that being said, obviously this game did not go in favor of the Tribe, but a few mistakes here and there keep this one a really close game. 3 turnovers in positive territory and 2 of them are inside the 10 yard line, can’t happen against the Mighty Rebs. I’m very proud of how the kids fought, and they more than exceeded preseason expectations. I hope they take this into the offseason and build for an even better 2020 season. Roll Tribe. 

nice post....you don't get better by playing bad teams.....most teams Maryville beat will tell you its a good water mark on where you stand and makes them better