Mairvul heads upp Eye-81

STARSNBARS

6 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

You know what boys and girls?!  I just noticed something.  DB has been left totally out of the title of this thread.  Almost like DB doesn't really exist.  Surely in the minds of the Rebel fans DB does exist.  Or do they?  A minor obstacle to overcome perhaps?

What in the world are the DB players or coaches going to think when they log on here and notice that they have been totally omitted?  When you're looking for "DB", "Indians", or "Dobuns Bent-it"?  They certainly aren't "Eye-81".  I mean, that's sort of like what one opposing player once did when they walked over to the DB Indian that was emblazoned on the field and stomped on the poor thing.  That was just so insulting. 

Oh no, ... no.  This is nothing like that.  [I wonder if it was intentional].  I don't want to think about it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMuN1lCdL6AIILcxELCGi

Make your own unofficial thread then Dee Bea fay-un!

13 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

You know what boys and girls?!  I just noticed something.  DB has been left totally out of the title of this thread.  Almost like DB doesn't really exist.  Surely in the minds of the Rebel fans DB does exist.  Or do they?  A minor obstacle to overcome perhaps?

What in the world are the DB players or coaches going to think when they log on here and notice that they have been totally omitted?  When you're looking for "DB", "Indians", or "Dobuns Bent-it"?  They certainly aren't "Eye-81".  I mean, that's sort of like what one opposing player once did when they walked over to the DB Indian that was emblazoned on the field and stomped on the poor thing.  That was just so insulting. 

Oh no, ... no.  This is nothing like that.  [I wonder if it was intentional].  I don't want to think about it.

That's a good one but I'm pretty sure most people know what he is saying or they wouldn't have found their way to this board. To the game now, this will be a very interesting game. It's about time Tee Hodge has finally come back healthy and looks like the player he did back in spring practice this year before any of this injury stuff started. Maryville definitely needs him going through the grind of the next few teams coming up in order to stay alive. This is a pretty good Maryville team this year and I don't cut much slack on here if I didn't think so. Also on the streaming of this game I heard the TSSAA sent D-B a letter advising them that the games can be streamed by NFHS and it was reported to them that WB was told if anyone set up cameras to stream that first contest they would be arrested. If that is true D-B is run by a very cheesy outfit or a pack of AH's. I know through on out this week we should hear something and RW has great connections at the school to find out more for all of us on this thread.

Right to the point about this game.We all know Maryville is the favorite and every one of us know it will take a few things to change that outcome.DB will have to play a very smart game and not turn the ball over.Thats not enough and we all also know that.DB will need to force Maryville to make a few mistakes as well.Those things and some early big momentum could get DB in position to pull off the upset.Will it happen ? I'm not saying it will but as long as DB thinks it can be done,none of us will 100 percent know until the game is over.As in my Devils game, whoever wins this game , I'll be pulling for them to bring back the gold.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

I’ve seen D-B use the phrase, “Dobyns-Bennett football, loved, hated, but never ignored!” 

I think they just got ignored! They didn’t like it. 

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

I’ve seen D-B use the phrase, “Dobyns-Bennett football, loved, hated, but never ignored!” 

I think they just got ignored! They didn’t like it. 

All right players.  You see. Maryville has just admitted to disrespecting DB football. Got to do something about that. Roll Tribe!

17 hours ago, tj3775 said:

Come on folks. Maryville can be beat as any team can. 

Have you been around very long? Have you watched them? They are a dang machine. How do you beat a machine?  Not likely IN East Tennessee.  But, yeah - possible perhaps.

16 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Make your own unofficial thread then Dee Bea fay-un!

I did.  It's on page 4 now.

• Like 1