Dyer county vs Henry county rd 2!!!

Tennesseefan7

10 minutes ago, ParisRiverRat said:

Survive and advance.  Dyer Co will be a formidable opponent.  Henry Co will be prepared, and must play solid football, and the rest will take care of itself. If they don't, then the season will end.  If they play solid football and take care of things, they get another week.  I see a 20-6 type sloppy game in the mud.  HC can play in the mud, they are mudders, there momma was a mudder, and their dads were mudders.  Bring on the mud! 

At least you are being reasonable pal. These others think they will win no matter what. Henry Co may win but Dyer Co also has a chance. Is it a great chance, I wouldn't say so but never count out a team that doesn't quit. Henry Co can lose this game and I think the people just want to hear an HC fan admit that it is a possibility. It is also well documented that the Choctaws play better in the rain. 

3 hours ago, DawsonParker said:

if we are bringing up past games in programs...

The Tennessee Titans smoked the Patriots in the 34-10 in the 2018 regular season, and then were manhandled in the playoffs by them. Teams can be super good in the regular season then fall apart in the playoffs. The Clarksville win isn't the deciding factor in this equation. We both beat them in the regular season. You guys had a very close game against the 4th seeded Memphis team while DC beat down two opponents we were supposed to lose to. I honestly think HC fans are a little nervous. Yep I said it. Y'all have been in this forum since Friday at 10 PM justifying why you guys win will win and all you guys can say is stuff from the past. We are the underdogs and that is just how we want it. Our team feeds off that. See you all on Friday. 

You’ve got to keep in mind. These are high schoolers. Not professionals. pros have a little more of an advantage.  Also, region 8 didn’t matter who was #1 to #4 seed. Someone could have sneezed a little to hard and ridgeway would’ve been #1. Field conditions were a little rough that night, but what does it matter. That’s why they play the game. We’re confident and I’m sure coach Counce will have HC ready on every detailed aspect of the game

Henry Co is good enough to beat anybody, but isn't so good that they can overlook anybody.  I do think HC is the favorite here in this matchup, but Dyer Co CANNOT be overlooked.  Only goal for both teams is to Survive and Advance.  I just hope it is the home folks. 

Good luck and safe travels to our Choctaw friends.  By the way, Clarksville HS are city champs BUT Henry Co and Dyer Co are Montgomery County Champions.

50 minutes ago, BigRedtaco said:

Wouldn’t know. I don’t pay attention to the media unless it brings up high school football bud. And yes, the tacos are very good

People always talking about food on here!! Y'all don't know what y'all are doing to this ole boy who hasn't ate lunch yet lol

Edited by PatriotNation

1 hour ago, WingT08 said:

At least you are being reasonable pal. These others think they will win no matter what. Henry Co may win but Dyer Co also has a chance. Is it a great chance, I wouldn't say so but never count out a team that doesn't quit. Henry Co can lose this game and I think the people just want to hear an HC fan admit that it is a possibility. It is also well documented that the Choctaws play better in the rain. 

Ok yes it is a possibility we could lose the game. There is 2 teams playing this game. The probability of HC winning is 90%. DC has a 10% chance to pull this off. There are you DC fans happy? I'm at least giving y'all a chance.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Swarm4Life said:

It's hard not to bring up a game that was played by the same two teams, in the same year. And, it was a blowout. I hardly see Dyer making up a 41 point difference unless they have recruited a whole new team since then. It's a mental thing at this point, throw the Choctaws in the Clarksville category. Deep down, they don't truly believe they can beat Henry Co. However, I do enjoy the enthusiasm and optimism of this program. And by the way PN, do not keep quite (quiet) about your team and your community, we have valid reason to proudly defend them. 

Not saying this matters here but just for conversation, a team lost 56-0 in the regular season and then turned around and beat them in the playoffs just last year on their route to the semis where they lost in OT, football is a crazy thing, and that is why they play the game.....lol 

Edited by Kevin38