Haywood vs Crockett rd 3

Kruger77

Since I haven't seen many Crockett County fans on Coach T this year, I would like to give the Cavaliers some recognition.  Crockett was a far better team than their 8-5 record might indicate.  The Cav's 5 loses were to 4 teams who (after last night) have a 46-5 record.  Those 4 teams are:

Dyer County (11-2) Class 5A semifinalist
Lake County (13-0) Class 1A semifinalist
South Gibson (10-2) a second round team whose 2 loses were to Haywood (Class 4A semifinalist) and Covington (Class 3A semifinalist)
2 loses to Haywood (12-1) Class 4A semifinalist

Crockett defeated 3 teams who made it to the second round (Ripley, Lexington, and Millington) and they also defeated USJ who will play for the Division II Class A championship.

The Cavaliers were a formidable foe who gave Haywood all they wanted.  The game was tied on 3 different occasions (21-21, 28-28, 35-35). Haywood scored the winning touchdown with 38 seconds left in the game. I would like to congratulate Crockett for a good game plan and a good season, and I would also like to congratulate the Tomcats on their persistence and their victory.  Even though the weather and field conditions were nasty, I think the fans got their money's worth!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2