Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

9 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Dont under estimate Peabody's speed and power.  Our passing game and our running game is why we won state.  But the real reason we are so good is our DEFENSE.  You better hope the field is dry Fairley.  That speed will be slower but either way, we will contain it enough to pull out the victory.  34-18 Peabody

Who on earth is underestimating anything about Peabody? Seems to me the underestimating is by the folks who want Peabody to win. That Fairely D is pretty dog gone nasty in it's own right. 

Edited by kwc

Just now, kwc said:

Who on earth is underestimating anything about Peabody? Seems to me the underestimating are by the folks who want Peabody to win. That Fairely D is prtyy dog gone nasty in it's own right. 

Nasty against who?  Both teams steamrolled their region but I just don't believe Fairley will be able to slow down Peabody.  We know Fairely is good but we also know how good this Peabody team is.  Peabody(SEC) Fairley (PAC10)  If I have to eat crow I will.  But please don't respond to us with Good season Fairely-Good win Peabody.  Eat your crow and I will eat mine if necessary.

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

Matchup should be similar to Trousdale vs Tyner. Peabody should win but Fairley has enough talent to end their season if they turn the ball over.

2 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Most accurate comparison to date

Most the time those big time athletes don’t like to play big boy football between the tackles. I am unfamiliar with fairley but Peabody and TC are similar, how did Peabody do stopping Wilkins last year. 

1 minute ago, TCRadio said:

Most the time those big time athletes don’t like to play big boy football between the tackles. I am unfamiliar with fairley but Peabody and TC are similar, how did Peabody do stopping Wilkins last year. 

We did not have to stop him.  UC beat them 35 - 28  and we beat UC the next week 35-0.  They are not near as physical as TC.  TC was the most physical team we played last year and we expect the same if both teams make it.  That is my wish

Just now, Golddoctor said:

We did not have to stop him.  UC beat them 35 - 28  and we beat UC the next week 35-0.  They are not near as physical as TC.  TC was the most physical team we played last year and we expect the same if both teams make it.  That is my wish

That would be a nice rematch, we have a lot of work to do to get there, hopefully healthy this year if we can make it.

6 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

That MAHS gave Fairley all they wanted.  They only lost by 3tds and Fairley played with all their guns

Let's examine common opponents shall we?

Fairley:

FHS 28, MAHS 6 ... 11/01/19 ... /\ = 22 

FHS 36, Aville 0 ... 11/08/19 ... /\ = 36

FHS 34, UC 6 ... 11/15/19 ... /\ = 28

PF 98, PA 12 ... Scoring ave. = 32.67 ppg, Scoring D Ave. = 4 ppg

Peabody:

PHS 42, Aville 7 ... 09/20/19 ... /\ = 35

PHS 63, UC 14 ... 10/09/19 ... /\ = 49

PHS 38, MAHS 0 ... 11/08/19 ... /\ = 38

PF 143, PA 21 ... Scoring Ave. = 47.67 ppg, Scoring D Ave. = 7 ppg

Peabody has scored more points in those three games surpassing Failrey by and average of 15 ppg, while defensively, Fairley defense has surpasseed Peabody's D by allowing 3 ppg fewer in those three common opponents. 

Just now, TCRadio said:

That would be a nice rematch, we have a lot of work to do to get there, hopefully healthy this year if we can make it.

That kind of flawed last years game.  Both teams had some major injuries.  I would love to see both teams healthy this year. With that said. They both were the best two teams in 2A last year.  Possibly this year

4 minutes ago, kwc said:

Let's examine common opponents shall we?

Fairley:

FHS 28, MAHS 6 ... 11/01/19 ... /\ = 22 

FHS 36, Aville 0 ... 11/08/19 ... /\ = 36

FHS 34, UC 6 ... 11/15/19 ... /\ = 28

PF 98, PA 12 ... Scoring ave. = 32.67 ppg, Scoring D Ave. = 4 ppg

Peabody:

PHS 42, Aville 7 ... 09/20/19 ... /\ = 35

PHS 63, UC 14 ... 10/09/19 ... /\ = 49

PHS 38, MAHS 0 ... 11/08/19 ... /\ = 38

PF 143, PA 21 ... Scoring Ave. = 47.67 ppg, Scoring D Ave. = 7 ppg

Peabody has scored more points in those three games surpassing Failrey by and average of 15 ppg, while defensively, Fairley defense has surpasseed Peabody's D by allowing 3 ppg fewer in those three common opponents. 

That is a good analogy KWC.  But I look at the score between MAHS.  WE played without some key players.  But that is a really good job on stats man.  Also when we played UC, they were more of a complete team.  Hats off to you

Edited by Golddoctor