Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Like Trader, I like to think the best of folks.  If we go looking for something in particular then that's most likely all we'll ever find.   I didn't find it as being racial.  Then again I see things from a different perspective than some might.  We all have a long way to go over our differences.  Some more than others. 

If this was not posted, we would not be talking about it.  Most people that know me would tell you I am a straight down the middle guy.  I was raised to see everyone equal and I am proud of that raising.  I love the black man as well as the white man.  This world will never change because these  attitudes will always be with us.  I have given this guy to much credit already.  Kinda like the mass murderer who does it for fame and glory.

3 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

If this was not posted, we would not be talking about it.  Most people that know me would tell you I am a straight down the middle guy.  I was raised to see everyone equal and I am proud of that raising.  I love the black man as well as the white man.  This world will never change because these  attitudes will always be with us.  I have given this guy to much credit already.  Kinda like the mass murderer who does it for fame and glory.

I did not mean for my post to come off as meaning you were looking for something in particular in General's post.

It's a general statement to anyone and everyone, that if any of us go looking for something in particular that is what we will most likely find.

I found nothing racial about.  But then again that's just me.  

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

I did not mean for my post to come off as meaning you were looking for something in particular in General's post.

It's a general statement to anyone and everyone, that if any of us go looking for something in particular that is what we will most likely find.

I found nothing racial about.  But then again that's just me.  

I respect your opinion.

2 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

After watching this, I’ll admit that coach does a good job of getting the ball to Wilkins in different formations, different looks for the defense, etc... it’ll be important for Peabody to know where Wilkins is on EVERY play on offense. The kid is a phenomenal athlete and player and fun to watch!

He’s definitely a baller but Fairley has a couple of other lesser known studs that have been shining lately. I’m intrigued to see how Gene does getting Fairley prepared for a team of Peabody’s caliber. On paper yes Peabody should be the favorite, but energy and getting a team to buy in and believe is something that can’t be measured on the stat sheets. He’s changing the culture at Fairley and laying the foundation for a good program if they can keep him around. It’s not a fluke that Fairley doesn’t play like the typical small Memphis team. It all stems from their coaching and his pedigree. If Fairley can minimize self inflicted wounds/penalties they’ll be fine. Their defense is what I think will win then this game. Good luck to both teams. 

22 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

This is not a platform for individual scrutiny and racist sarcasm.  We all like to talk trash and that's okay but keep it clean and football.

You just posted 12 times on 3 pages trying to dredge up racist garbage. If you didn’t know what Phi Slama Jamma referred to then look it up. Don’t make it up. It’s one of the most famous sports upsets in history. 

It was a reference to an unbeatable, invincible team losing . A reference a logical person could see as a prediction of a Fairley victory this Friday. Kudos to you for playing the race card on a high school football forum. Pathetic. 

He also made a reference to the 1980 US/ Russia hockey game in the past. Must be xenophobic too. 

• Upvote 2