Riverside at Forrest

@38320

This whole argument comes off as pathetic and is embarrassing to the Forrest program. If you teach your kids to push blame on others for your misfortune, you set them up for failure all through out the rest of their life. A better lesson to learn would be, to be gracious in defeat and celebrate your successes... not dwell on disappointments. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, pugugly said:

This whole argument comes off as pathetic and is embarrassing to the Forrest program. If you teach your kids to push blame on others for your misfortune, you set them up for failure all through out the rest of their life. A better lesson to learn would be, to be gracious in defeat and celebrate your successes... not dwell on disappointments. 

+1

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I didn’t realize that 

Yup. Peabody was in a district with Union City, Lake Co, Humboldt, Halls, Gibson Co, South Fulton, & Greenfield. That district was tough back 6-8 year ago. 2013 I remember Peabody was picked to win the district right after they won it in 2012 but Union City decided to start a dynasty for a few years lol. UC finished 1st, Peabody 2nd, & Humboldt 3rd. Union City went on to win the 1A state championship while Humboldt was ranked #1 in 1A for 8 out of the 11 regular season weeks. I think they met up in the quarterfinals that year in 1A. Peabody went on to get beat by TCA in 2nd round of the 2A playoffs. Final score I think was something like 51-44. They played a semifinal game in the 2nd round. Definitely one of the top 5 football games I’ve seen in my life. Peabody & TCA literally threw the ball all over the field that night. That was all before they abandoned the districts & went to the regions we’re in now. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

48 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Yup. Peabody was in a district with Union City, Lake Co, Humboldt, Halls, Gibson Co, South Fulton, & Greenfield. That district was tough back 6-8 year ago. 2013 I remember Peabody was picked to win the district right after they won it in 2012 but Union City decided to start a dynasty for a few years lol. UC finished 1st, Peabody 2nd, & Humboldt 3rd. Union City went on to win the 1A state championship while Humboldt was ranked #1 in 1A for 8 out of the 11 regular season weeks. I think they met up in the quarterfinals that year in 1A. Peabody went on to get beat by TCA in 2nd round of the 2A playoffs. Final score I think was something like 51-44. They played a semifinal game in the 2nd round. Definitely one of the top 5 football games I’ve seen in my life. Peabody & TCA literally threw the ball all over the field that night. That was all before they abandoned the districts & went to the regions we’re in now. 

That UC and Humboldt game that year was a slugfest, I think the final was 10-6. Humboldt was a minute away from going to win a championship and they blew it. That’s when people realized that new guy they hired for replace of bland was a joke 

• CoachT locked this topic