Round 3 Giles at Pearl Cohn

CatDaddy1

In the first game PC scored three times by getting into an Over Set and running Jet Sweep (twice) and then throwing the Post (once) off of play-action because Giles simply struggled to line up to the Over Set and failed to identify that the covered up receiver out of that particular offensive set was ineligible.  Pearl's other score came when they threw Smash concept and threw the Corner to the slot.  Giles County had the play well defensed the receiver simply made an unbelievable play and scored.  

In the first meeting Giles County held out 4-5 of their starters and offensively they were in Double Wing all night long.  I believe they lined up in the Smokestack-I on one offensive snap.  Besides that they were in Double Wing and predominantly ran Buck Sweep, Sally, Trap, Veer, and Midline.  They didn't show any of their I-Stuff and they didn't show any of their Spread Stuff.  That's something I would expect Pearl to see a much more balanced variety of this time around.  

Finally, I was told this morning that Pearl-Cohn's QB was knocked out of the game last night in the second half.  I believe his status for next week's game is still up in the air.  That's going to make Giles County have to prepare for Pearl-Cohn with/without him taking the snaps.  That's a look that the Firebirds have shown twice now against East Nashville (their 'Wildcat' Offense).  Giles County did not see that look when the two teams played three weeks ago.  

The first meeting between these two teams will not help much whatsoever honestly.  Giles County's wins over Marshall County, Fairview, and Stratford have given them the belief that they are capable of beating anyone.  They appear to be on a similar type of postseason run that Stratford enjoyed last year.  Pearl-Cohn will have to be healthy and play a complete game to advance to the state semifinals.  

I look forward to making a trip to Pearl-Cohn next Friday night.  The fried catfish sandwiches, the aristocratic band, and the man/myth/legend on the Public Address definitely make it one of the more lively venues to enjoy a high school football game as a fan.  

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Finally, I was told this morning that Pearl-Cohn's QB was knocked out of the game last night in the second half.  I believe his status for next week's game is still up in the air.  That's going to make Giles County have to prepare for Pearl-Cohn with/without him taking the snaps.  That's a look that the Firebirds have shown twice now against East Nashville (their 'Wildcat' Offense).  Giles County did not see that look when the two teams played three weeks ago.  

We had about 5 to 6 kids go out with injuries yesterday. We know what was told to the players from a specific coach"East" If they play or not the show don't stop. Prepare just like every other week. Kids will have to step up.