Wooddale @ Covington Round 3

CHARGERFAN

The Covington Chargers won every phase of the game tonight - Offense, defense, and special teams. As I said early this season, Covington has a championship level defense this year. The key cog is All-State linebacker Caleb Winfrey. When he was out with an injury, the Chargers lost regular season games to Milan and South Gibson.

This squad came into tonight's game giving up an average of 10 points a game. Tonight they pitched the shutout. Wooddale had the ball inside the 10 on two different drives with first-and-goal and came away empty handed both times. That's some defense, folks.

They say that defense wins championships. We're two wins away from finding that out. Win or lose, though, I'm extremely proud of the Chargers.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

On 11/21/2019 at 2:59 PM, BlackHavenSenator said:

Wooddale about to be some road warriors 

Blackhaven did you even see Wooddale play this year?

You had me assume they were better than they showed(Popeyes)

There were 58 teams playing in the playoffs tonight, only 4 of the 58 teams were shut out, no score,no points, zero points,not any.  Wooddale was one of the four

Wins are one thing, but who the wins are/were against are of most importance

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

The Covington Chargers won every phase of the game tonight - Offense, defense, and special teams. As I said early this season, Covington has a championship level defense this year. The key cog is All-State linebacker Caleb Winfrey. When he was out with an injury, the Chargers lost regular season games to Milan and South Gibson.

This squad came into tonight's game giving up an average of 10 points a game. Tonight they pitched the shutout. Wooddale had the ball inside the 10 on two different drives with first-and-goal and came away empty handed both times. That's some defense, folks.

They say that defense wins championships. We're two wins away from finding that out. Win or lose, though, I'm extremely proud of the Chargers.

Really happy for y'all. I made a open ended stupid bet that I would streak downtown Medina if Covington lost this contest..... Not sure what I was thinking at the moment, but hey I was confident in the Chargers. I heard some smack talk about the cardinals knocking of region 7 opponents 1 by 1.... Well.... They were a better team than Westview no doubt. However, I would take Milan, SGC, or Covington vs Woodale ever single time on a neutral field. Woodale would have been the 4th seed in region 7. 

Congrats to Woodale for a great season. If you make it to the quarter finals IMO you have had a great year. I know it did not work out for them but I wish them luck next year. 

On to the Chargers... Please go knock off the waterbirds, flame birds, turkey birds, featherless yard-birds...  or whatever those folks from PC are. 

I absolutely will be pulling for the chargers in that contest. PC has played a decent schedule and had a good year, but Covington's defense is going to prove to be too much IMO.

In closing, PC better be ready for a brutal running attack from the CC. I do not know much about their backers, but if they better be ready for 48 minutes of pounding... Because that's what Covington is bringing on the bus with them on their trip to the 615. 

No disrespect to PC. I promise. Just having a little fun. It should be a good game. 

Edited by ManOfMillions

3 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Really happy for y'all. I made a open ended stupid bet that I would streak downtown Medina if Covington lost this contest..... Not sure what I was thinking at the moment, but hey I was confident in the Chargers. I heard some smack talk about the cardinals knocking of region 7 opponents 1 by 1.... Well.... They were a better team than Westview no doubt. However, I would take Milan, SGC, or Covington vs Woodale ever single time on a neutral field. Woodale would have been the 4th seed in region 7. 

Congrats to Woodale for a great season. If you make it to the quarter finals IMO you have had a great year. I know it did not work out for them but I wish them luck next year. 

On to the Chargers... Please go knock off the waterbirds, flame birds, turkey birds, featherless yard-birds...  or whatever those folks from PC are. 

I absolutely will be pulling for the chargers in that contest. PC has played a decent schedule and had a good year, but Covington's defense is going to prove to be too much IMO.

In closing, PC better be ready for a brutal running attack from the CC. I do not know much about their backers, but if they better be ready for 48 minutes of pounding... Because that's what Covington is bringing on the bus with them on their trip to the 615. 

No disrespect to PC. I promise. Just having a little fun. It should be a good game. 

Thanks for the kind words. I hope that we can make the rest of the teams in our region proud of us vs. PC. The competition in our region has toughened up every team in 3A.

I'm glad we didn't make you have to streak through Medina. Goodness sakes.....all three people who saw you would have been incensed, as Ray Stevens once said.