Whitehaven at Houston

kwc

I think Houston just wanted it more . I was on the field during the game and went to each sideline Houston was fired up Whitehaven was not even after being down 13-6 . Whitehaven play calls were just bad . Wr couldn’t catch the ball o line could not block execpt for the scoring drive . How do u let someone sack the qb from 8 yards away from scrimmage ? No pressure the whole night on there qb and wr and didn’t try to load the box on Paire. Who deserves more d 1 offers by the way 4798 yards the last two seasons ! 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 1:54 PM, kwc said:

OK ... I see where you are coming from, but in order for Sneed to shine then his OL has to shine with him. He will be great if he can get the ball and look upfield and not have to dodge a DL as soon as he gets the ball. The OL needs to block while moving their feet ... no reaching and grabbing or becoming an illegal man downfield on pass plays. This game hinges on the OL play, pure and simple. They do thier JOB, we win.

Well, we didn't have any illegal man down field penalties. But, other than that, the OL didn't show up. We can't get into the red zone and not come away with TDs, or FGs for that matter. 

WRs stayed at Whitehaven last night. I lost count of catchable passes that just were NOT caught. I'll give props to #80. He was literally one-handed last night due to an injury sustained to his left hand in the prior game and he still made plays and caught passes. 

The defense did their job. It's time for a new OC.

Good season Whitehaven. Good game Houston.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrBannon said:

All those so called D1 players on Whitehaven and not one showed up as an impact player.  Big time players show up in big time games.  Guess that wasn’t the case tonight.  Good luck to Houston!  Hope to see these guys in Cookeville.  

Nothing "so called" about them or their performance last night. All three played exceptionally well last night. They showed up! They don't play offense, well one plays WR at times, and he caught the one pass thrown to him, but due to an inept offense, they were on the field waaaaay to long, and still held that very potent offense to 27 points and relegated that particularly dynamic RB to 129 yds. 

They did their jobs well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BARTLETTHSGRAD04 said:

Whitehaven play calls were just bad . Wr couldn’t catch the ball o line could not block execpt for the scoring drive . How do u let someone sack the qb from 8 yards away from scrimmage ? 

Bingo! We Whitehaven fans have been harping on this all year, and even longer for some. I've tried to defend the OC at times myself.

One final word. My hat is off to the Houston OC. Whitehaven stayed in the 50 and took away Pare's effectiveness and Houston dialed up the passing game. For the most part they didn't try to force anything down field but kept the passes short. They have an exceptional QB and a very good WR corp. They executed it to perfection. Their OL was in max protection all night. The Houston OC is Very good.

Edited by kwc