Round 2- AE @ Alcoa- quarterfinals

TBE14

First half thoughts;   Sankey came to play tonight.  AE’s defense not wrapping up and Alcoa taking advantage of the miss tackles .  1st quarter AE did a good job on the offensive side .   2nd quarter Nix defense started keying in on what we were trying to do.   Hopefully the 2nd half we can wrap up and put some more points up.     

Hats off to AE tonight.  If they had some depth that woulda been a ballgame.  Except a big run on a busted defensive assignment and a TD on our 2nd team guys AE had two nice touchdown drives.  They just didn't have anyone down the stretch except #6 making plays and even he got gassed.  The refs were horrible and shouldn't have been reffing a playoff game.  Anyhow, they gave us some better competition than they have the last couple of years.  Now on to next week and playing the Redskins. 

7 hours ago, Turtle said:

First half thoughts;   Sankey came to play tonight.  AE’s defense not wrapping up and Alcoa taking advantage of the miss tackles .  1st quarter AE did a good job on the offensive side .   2nd quarter Nix defense started keying in on what we were trying to do.   Hopefully the 2nd half we can wrap up and put some more points up.     

Great game from AE. Really put the Alcoa defense on their toes! The Alcoa Coaches where trying to limit Alcoa's #7's time on the defensive side of the ball, from previous being a litte ding'd up. Without him and the new AE wrinkles Offensively, it took Coach Nix and the players some time to slow the screens and various routes down. But, that's what you want from your competition in late playoff rounds.It is better to see it, figure it out ,make the adjustments and get the win. Austin-East's Foster,  Mr Football finalist is as good or bettet than any QB Alcoa has faced this year. Plus, The Roadrunners got some others that are ballers! Again, I'm glad Alcoa had a game that will help them a lot moving forward to the next round!

Now the Alcoa Offense continues to get better and better. There is great balance in the ground game and passing game. It helps to keep good running lanes open. Alcoa's #15 really does a better job running out of a deep set, where he can see the holes and be in a more open field look. It nice to see #1, #7, 17, & #8 getting a few plays sprinkled in on the Offense. They are all great players and bring a lot of options to the Offense!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TwistedTornado16 said:

Hats off to AE tonight.  If they had some depth that woulda been a ballgame.  Except a big run on a busted defensive assignment and a TD on our 2nd team guys AE had two nice touchdown drives.  They just didn't have anyone down the stretch except #6 making plays and even he got gassed.  The refs were horrible and shouldn't have been reffing a playoff game.  Anyhow, they gave us some better competition than they have the last couple of years.  Now on to next week and playing the Redskins. 

Hold up now ; #15 ate your DBs up .  #24 is a freshman 

11 hours ago, TwistedTornado16 said:

Turnovers and Horrible Special Teams play put AE up against the wall early. Gave Alcoa some early and easy opportunities. Foster was great tonight....Sankey was awesome. Hard to stay close with that many turnovers.

6 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Great game from AE. Really put the Alcoa defense on their toes! The Alcoa Coaches where trying to limit Alcoa's #7's time on the defensive side of the ball, from previous being a litte ding'd up. Without him and the new AE wrinkles Offensively, it took Coach Nix and the players some time to slow the screens and various routes down. But, that's what you want from your competition in late playoff rounds.It is better to see it, figure it out ,make the adjustments and get the win. Austin-East's Foster,  Mr Football finalist is as good or bettet than any QB Alcoa has faced this year. Plus, The Roadrunners got some others that are ballers! Again, I'm glad Alcoa had a game that will help them a lot moving forward to the next round!

Now the Alcoa Offense continues to get better and better. There is great balance in the ground game and passing game. It helps to keep good running lanes open. Alcoa's #15 really does a better job running out of a deep set, where he can see the holes and be in a more open field look. It nice to see #1, #7, 17, & #8 getting a few plays sprinkled in on the Offense. They are all great players and bring a lot of options to the Offense!

Don’t forget to mention #14. He has thrown the ball very well this year and has handled the qb position very well. Also, Alcoa’s o-line absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage all night long. Gonna miss #64, #68, and #76. The freshman #79 is already turning heads!!! 

Good game AE! Congrats on a great season. Proud of Region 2 as a whole!!!

On to the next!!!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Charger64 said:

Turnovers and Horrible Special Teams play put AE up against the wall early. Gave Alcoa some early and easy opportunities. Foster was great tonight....Sankey was awesome. Hard to stay close with that many turnovers.

Totally agreed but the good thing about giving up the early 14 points , AE didn’t quit they continued to fight .  I’m looking forward to the 2020 season .  I think the AE coaches left the field Friday knowing that win over Alcoa is coming soon ... 

Btw;  My exact words to Sankey and you can ask him if you don’t believe me , “ out of your 3 years at Alcoa that was the best game you’ve ever played against AE.  Keep eating little fam and go get you another ring!”  Some if you posters think I hate 24-7 no I really don’t I do show respect .  

Edited by Turtle
  • Like 1