Round 2- AE @ Alcoa- quarterfinals

TBE14

20 minutes ago, Turtle said:

And that person stated, “I wonder why the GOONS didn’t get those 2 players in ALUMINUM and MAROON”. That makes you be on GP side about you all recruiting ..... But hey you gotta do what you gotta do to win.   Good Luck with that .   AE don’t recruit !  There’s a lot of teams that take AE players every year .  Coach Philips and staff just coach the ones that want to be there .  They don’t beg them to stay but they do wish them the best of luck !  It’s Hard Being A Roadrunner 

What do you think all the road construction on Alcoa Highway is about!? It's to build an Express Lane so the GOONS can recruit! You can come too Turtle...............need a good H20 feller!

Image result for waterboy

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

Let me rephrase that ;   1 has an uncle that’s on staff and lives 2 minutes away from AE so he wasn’t going anywhere .  The other has parents that went to AE and lives a few blocks away from AE so with that said, why leave a school you’re zone for to go to another school ?  Sometimes it’s not always about winning !!!! 

Maybe should hold a community meeting on Facebook to tell your parents that is not all about winning and see how that goes. I’ve seen film on AE and they have about 30 players on the team that’s going be tough Friday night. 

Edited by uofl
Added

1 hour ago, uofl said:

Maybe should hold a community meeting on Facebook to tell your parents that is not all about winning and see how that goes. I’ve seen film on AE and they have about 30 players on the team that’s going be tough Friday night. 

the main ones complaining are the ones that only come to one game .  Those 30 players will give it their all until that final buzzer sounds.  We’ll be ok , players are starting to stay home(AE)  so those numbers will be going up yearly .  

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

What do you think all the road construction on Alcoa Highway is about!? It's to build an Express Lane so the GOONS can recruit! You can come too Turtle...............need a good H20 feller!

Image result for waterboy

Water sucks it really really sucks :roflol:.... No sir , I would never be a water boy for that team ... 

7 hours ago, Turtle said:

And that person stated, “I wonder why the GOONS didn’t get those 2 players in ALUMINUM and MAROON”. That makes you be on GP side about you all recruiting ..... But hey you gotta do what you gotta do to win.   Good Luck with that .   AE don’t recruit !  There’s a lot of teams that take AE players every year .  Coach Philips and staff just coach the ones that want to be there .  They don’t beg them to stay but they do wish them the best of luck !  It’s Hard Being A Roadrunner 

Turtle, we've heard it for years and years and years about "recruiting".  It's a mask for jealousy.  It's an excuse for every loss Alcoa lays on an opponent.  I have been flowing Alcoa football for 30 years.   We have had some.bad seasons and will again. 1980-1986. 1989-2000....average teams  8-5 in 2011 with an AE tranfer at QB.  We didnt make excusus or cry foul.  Lost to CAK in 2012 in the playoffs.  Lost in 2014 to CPA in the championship.  No whining.  We get beat by Maryville regularly.  No whining. If y'all beat Alcoa Friday night I will tell you congrats and move on. No excuses or whining.  If your team wants what Alcoa has they will make themselves better and come get it.  Thats the bottom line. 

Edited by TwistedTornado16
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, TwistedTornado16 said:

Turtle, we've heard it for years and years and years about "recruiting".  It's a mask for jealousy.  It's an excuse for every loss Alcoa lays on an opponent.  I have been flowing Alcoa football for 30 years.   We have had some.bad seasons and will again. 1980-1986. 1989-2000....average teams  8-5 in 2011 with an AE tranfer at QB.  We didnt make excusus or cry foul.  Lost to CAK in 2012 in the playoffs.  Lost in 2014 to CPA in the championship.  No whining.  We get beat by Maryville regularly.  No whining. If y'all beat Alcoa Friday night I will tell you congrats and move on. No excuses or whining.  If your team wants what Alcoa has they will make themselves better and come get it.  Thats the bottom line. 

I personally know 4 Alcoa players and those parents of those players.  I talk my stuff throughout the week and if Alcoa wins I’m usually their first call or text telling them Congratulations  .  This is all fun and games I don’t take these post personal like most .  AE knows what it’s going to take to make it to the big dance and that’s beating the champs.  No one in the state believes AE has what it takes to knock off alcoa but as a fan of AE since the late 90’s I’m going to forever say AE is gonna win.   

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TwistedTornado16 said:

Turtle, we've heard it for years and years and years about "recruiting".  It's a mask for jealousy.  It's an excuse for every loss Alcoa lays on an opponent.  I have been flowing Alcoa football for 30 years.   We have had some.bad seasons and will again. 1980-1986. 1989-2000....average teams  8-5 in 2011 with an AE tranfer at QB.  We didnt make excusus or cry foul.  

AE wanted it more in 2011... And my previous statement was , “I guess GP was right....”.  Idc about if you’re recruiting or not we still got to beat y’all no matter what 

4 minutes ago, Turtle said:

AE wanted it more in 2011... And my previous statement was , “I guess GP was right....”.  Idc about if you’re recruiting or not we still got to beat y’all no matter what 

3/4 of Alcoa starters aren’t from Alcoa. You have to get the players by any means.