Franklin County

Raider1234

6 minutes ago, dixieboyfan20 said:

As a long time Franklin County resident, Every sport must not have leader. I say that because Basketball,baseball, softball, and football seem to change Head coaches every 2 years. The powers that be better wake and understand that its not 1985 anymore and Franklin County Politics has ran off MANY great Coaches in all sports! Lisa Crabtree, John Wild, Tom Insell, Michael Carter, Cary McCurry, Isaiah Phillips, Jessica Southern all have had great SUCCESS in other places but fail and get run off in FC! WAKE FC

Wasn't Coach Harlow ran off as well? 

2 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Yes I am a both a FAN and a FRIEND.  I know nothing about the current administration.  In fact I didn't know folks wised up and canned the previous one.

I also do know what Coach Britton taught my son for both on and off the field.  If you ask the 'clone' if he played for Rankin he is quick to say not only NO but H......ah.....eck NO!  He says he played for Coach Britton.  Would I let another son play for him if I had one..........YES in a second with NO RESERVATION.

Britton QUIT out of frustration with the previous administration.  If he had been fired he would not of been picked up so quick by Tullahoma.

Britt is a great coach and a better person!  I don't know of any kid that didn't enjoy playing for him!  I have no issue with Britt.  Great person and coach.  

5 minutes ago, dixieboyfan20 said:

As a long time Franklin County resident, Every sport must not have leader. I say that because Basketball,baseball, softball, and football seem to change Head coaches every 2 years. The powers that be better wake and understand that its not 1985 anymore and Franklin County Politics has ran off MANY great Coaches in all sports! Lisa Crabtree, John Wild, Tom Insell, Michael Carter, Cary McCurry, Isaiah Phillips, Jessica Southern all have had great SUCCESS in other places but fail and get run off in FC! WAKE FC

I am pretty sure the latest got FIRED because of more things off the field then on the field! Drain the swamp! I guess you can stand up for that too?  I think the baseball coach had great success.  Took a better paying job in Georgia. The Basketball coach took a higher paying job in the boro and was from the boro to begin with.  I do not think Insell could get another job in High school game.  Greg Mantooth won in football with a lot less talent.  If I am correct Lisa Crabtree is an AP at the high school now and a huge FC supporter.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 1985rebel1985 said:

I am pretty sure the latest got FIRED because of more things off the field then on the field! Drain the swamp! I guess you can stand up for that too?  I think the baseball coach had great success.  Took a better paying job in Georgia. The Basketball coach took a higher paying job in the boro and was from the boro to begin with.  I do not think Insell could get another job in High school game.  Greg Mantooth won in football with a lot less talent.  If I am correct Lisa Crabtree is an AP at the high school now and a huge FC supporter.  

Greg Mantooth win % was 47%...and  Mac’s was 48% At FC

I hope the powers that be will hire someone who promotes stability. Enough of this coach swapping every 2-3 yrs. Winning percentage isn't everything either. There's a coach in the county with a 20+ yr career record of 47% and a past 10 year record of 39%. It just depends on who complains and how much influence they have.

Edited by gypsyroad

5 hours ago, gypsyroad said:

I hope the powers that be will hire someone who promotes stability. Enough of this coach swapping every 2-3 yrs. Winning percentage isn't everything either. There's a coach in the county with a 20+ yr career record of 47% and a past 10 year record of 39%. It just depends on who complains and how much influence they have.

Go hORNETS

23 hours ago, apsugov7 said:

Greg Mantooth win % was 47%...and  Mac’s was 48% At FC

Off the field and on the field problems for Mac 100%  Everywhere he has been.

Off the field and on the field problems  for Greg 0%  Class

Two of Greg's 4 seasons were winning records with playoff teams. First two years struggled and then made improvement.

I'm sure 5-5 is a winning record for Mac at FC with no playoffs.  First two years 5-5 last year 4-6 no improvement.

I'll take 47% if that is how you want to put it much better than 48% when you break it down.  

22 hours ago, 1985rebel1985 said:

Off the field and on the field problems for Mac 100%  Everywhere he has been.

Off the field and on the field problems  for Greg 0%  Class

Two of Greg's 4 seasons were winning records with playoff teams. First two years struggled and then made improvement.

I'm sure 5-5 is a winning record for Mac at FC with no playoffs.  First two years 5-5 last year 4-6 no improvement.

I'll take 47% if that is how you want to put it much better than 48% when you break it down.  

I'm pretty sure the Tooth coached 6 years and what did Mac do off the field at FC? Our President has a WILD past but most choose to to forget that! I hope FC gets a good one, it's getting tough to win in the country county schools these days. Best of luck to them