Franklin County

Raider1234

18 minutes ago, REBELFAN70 said:

all that i have heard is that it is Justin Cunningham's job IF he wants it~ i have heard that from several sources but primarily from the breakfast crowd at Hardee's and they are usually spot on!

Young and enthusiastic coach is what FC needs in my opinion. Someone young enough to relate to kids. That would go a long way in getting kids to buy in....Coach Justin has a great local FC family I understand. 

16 minutes ago, pegleg said:

Southtowner I have long wondered where you inherited your talent to recognize talent...aren’t you related to Phil Fulmer? I agree about Coach Cunningham, seems to me to be a great fit especially being local. Great RPO offensive minded coach. RPO offenses seem to be winners right now.  

Yes sir I am.  

We are hoping and praying this administration doesn't follow in the footsteps of past administrations and be coach searching again in a couple years.   FCHS needs long term stability.  We believe Coach Cunningham fits this criteria.   A very good young coach that connects with his players on and off the field.  We believe he will be able to recruit the halls of FCHS which hasn't been the case in at least a generation.  We are hoping he gets an honest look and if he does we believe he will make a very good impression on the administration and they will see he's the right candidate for this position.   FCHS longs for a winner and it's long overdue.  

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Yes sir I am.  

We are hoping and praying this administration doesn't follow in the footsteps of past administrations and be coach searching again in a couple years.   FCHS needs long term stability.  We believe Coach Cunningham fits this criteria.   A very good young coach that connects with his players on and off the field.  We believe he will be able to recruit the halls of FCHS which hasn't been the case in at least a generation.  We are hoping he gets an honest look and if he does we believe he will make a very good impression on the administration and they will see he's the right candidate for this position.   FCHS longs for a winner and it's long overdue.  

Huge pay cut coming from RuCo to FC. Not sure why a young man, especially one starting a family would want to do that. Hope FC ends up with a great coach!

3 hours ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

“Hey honey, I’m going to be called head coach and it’s going to cost us at least 12k a year” sounds like something that will fly like a lead balloon. That’s just foolish IMO

3 hours ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

“Hey honey, I’m going to be called head coach and it’s going to cost us at least 12k a year” sounds like something that will fly like a lead balloon. That’s just foolish IMO

I think it's pretty well established that if your coaching HS Football, money isn't going to be a big factor. Price of living in FC is also much cheaper,  to the point that he would probably be keeping more in FC than he would in RuCo. For some, you can't put a price on going home

5 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I think it's pretty well established that if your coaching HS Football, money isn't going to be a big factor. Price of living in FC is also much cheaper,  to the point that he would probably be keeping more in FC than he would in RuCo. For some, you can't put a price on going home

Probably makes more as an assistant than as head in FC. Money isn't everything. 

On 12/28/2019 at 11:34 AM, Southtowner said:

I have a lot of family in and from the Franklin County area.  Winchester especially.  We are hoping Coach Justin Cunningham will get a serious look from the administration at FCHS. We are throwing our hat in the ring for him.  We believe he would be an excellent hire and would turn the Rebels into a formidable playoff team year in and year out.  

What makes you think that? I don't know much about Coach Cunningham?

13 hours ago, InterestingDan said:

What makes you think that? I don't know much about Coach Cunningham?

InterestingDan,   Pegleg touched on some of it above.  

Its gonna take a ton of work and then some to make FC relevant.  It won't be done by some magic wand or just wishful thinking.  It will take the whole community doing everything necessary to elevate a program.  A lot of hard work will be involved and it starts with this Administration.  The person for this job will have to be young, vibrant and knowledgeable.  Every step taken will have to be exerted with a tireless effort.  Sure there will be struggles along the way and sacrifices to be made.  We believe Coach Cunningham will lead by example.  We believe he will bring the whole community together to help share the pains and joys of building a program that Franklin County can be proud of.   A cohesive unit.  From top to bottom.  We believe Coach Cunningham to be that man.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2019 at 12:11 AM, Southtowner said:

InterestingDan,   Pegleg touched on some of it above.  

Its gonna take a ton of work and then some to make FC relevant.  It won't be done by some magic wand or just wishful thinking.  It will take the whole community doing everything necessary to elevate a program.  A lot of hard work will be involved and it starts with this Administration.  The person for this job will have to be young, vibrant and knowledgeable.  Every step taken will have to be exerted with a tireless effort.  Sure there will be struggles along the way and sacrifices to be made.  We believe Coach Cunningham will lead by example.  We believe he will bring the whole community together to help share the pains and joys of building a program that Franklin County can be proud of.   A cohesive unit.  From top to bottom.  We believe Coach Cunningham to be that man.  

And this is part of the problem at FC.  Fans and non school personnel pushing their buddies and locals for a job that they have no clue what it takes.  

• Like 1