Franklin County

Raider1234

8 hours ago, InterestingDan said:

Sometimes giving a young guy a chance to take the reigns end up with championships. theres a lot more upside with young first time head coaches. but also a much lower floor. sounds like cunningham could be Franklin Countys lottery ticket

Where are his Championships?  Lottery Ticket?  Lots of fools play the Lottery.  He didn't win any as a player because he went to FC like mac and has only been a position coach until he ran that high powered offense of RHS.  They couldn't even beat a last place team in 5A FC.   Don't give me the "it was a new school" bit.  They had athletes and linemen!  Look at nolensville.  They couldn't beat the bottom feeders in CC, WC, FC or Siegel.  At least mac beat the teams he should have and one little upset over Trent Dilfer.  I just hope the athletes stay.  I don't want to hear if the athletes hadn't left we would have been.......but then if they stay and we do not win.....oops!!  That would be on coaching!  Should be fun to see what happens

14 minutes ago, 1985rebel1985 said:

Where are his Championships?  Lottery Ticket?  Lots of fools play the Lottery.  He didn't win any as a player because he went to FC like mac and has only been a position coach until he ran that high powered offense of RHS.  They couldn't even beat a last place team in 5A FC.   Don't give me the "it was a new school" bit.  They had athletes and linemen!  Look at nolensville.  They couldn't beat the bottom feeders in CC, WC, FC or Siegel.  At least mac beat the teams he should have and one little upset over Trent Dilfer.  I just hope the athletes stay.  I don't want to hear if the athletes hadn't left we would have been.......but then if they stay and we do not win.....oops!!  That would be on coaching!  Should be fun to see what happens

What's you problem with him? Almost sounds personal. If I'm not mistaken they averaged over 30 points in those four games you mentioned, but gave up easily over 40. Doesn't sound like offense was struggling too bad for a first year school. Stuck 40 something up on your mighty rebels with 14-15 year olds.

Edited by Boudreaux

16 minutes ago, 1985rebel1985 said:

And who is your alternative? Not sure big time coaches are knocking down the door to coach at Franklin County.

22 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Coach Rice has always been a very good offensive coach and play caller so I would be curious to see how much this guy (I do not know him so nothing personal) actually did as the OC.  Was it by title only?  Now since the other region coach has decided to stay according to siegel thread not sure how many more options FC has.

He was def calling the plays. Palmer was never going to be an option for FC. Don't blame him for staying put, they'll be solid as long as he's there

I have a lot of family in and from the Franklin County area.  Winchester especially.  We are hoping Coach Justin Cunningham will get a serious look from the administration at FCHS. We are throwing our hat in the ring for him.  We believe he would be an excellent hire and would turn the Rebels into a formidable playoff team year in and year out.  

20 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I have a lot of family in and from the Franklin County area.  Winchester especially.  We are hoping Coach Justin Cunningham will get a serious look from the administration at FCHS. We are throwing our hat in the ring for him.  We believe he would be an excellent hire and would turn the Rebels into a formidable playoff team year in and year out.  

Southtowner I have long wondered where you inherited your talent to recognize talent...aren’t you related to Phil Fulmer? I agree about Coach Cunningham, seems to me to be a great fit especially being local. Great RPO offensive minded coach. RPO offenses seem to be winners right now.