District 1 A

Htowndawgs

Yeah you could tell they were all high and mighty when they came out on the court for warm ups. Acted it any way.  Honestly I or anyone else I talked to at the game didn’t see that outcome coming. After what I had heard about UH and y’all I figured it would be a tuff night for the Landers. Especially with a starting guard out sick for the Landers. But yeah the “Flare” was there. Don’t get me wrong they have a couple or 3 good players and will be a tuff out come tournament time by any local team. But last night in Roan Mountain just wasn’t their night to shine. It was all Cloudland. The first Qtr was pretty much tied up and back and forth the whole time. Then the second Qtr we started to get a little unexpected lead and I feel that what hurt UH some. They didn’t see this coming either and it was hurting their pride quite a bit. After what happened with UH and y’all I think they felt last night should’ve been like practice to them. The big Flares started in the 2nd half with the UH Coach getting Teed up and then 2 separate players getting a Technical. Cloudland coaches had a good game plan and more importantly the Home team guys honestly just played their rears off. Once they seen they could play with these guys that opened up the game a lot. Not to take anything away from any kid on Cloudland team at all but Blair played a huge role in the win. They just couldn’t stop him. 32 pnts and a bunch of boards. The couple stand out players for UH got in foul trouble and eventually both fouled out. Not taking anything away from those boys. They can play ball. But they just couldn’t keep up with our guard and got tired and just started grabbing and fouling. Now this might be a totally different outcome in games to come this year with the Bucs, but last night was ALL Cloudland. Hats off to all the Landers last night. Heck even a couple or 3 Sophomores got to see quality play time last night. It was a clean sweep for us last night. Great job to all 

3 hours ago, foreveranole said:

Yeah you could tell they were all high and mighty when they came out on the court for warm ups. Acted it any way.  Honestly I or anyone else I talked to at the game didn’t see that outcome coming. After what I had heard about UH and y’all I figured it would be a tuff night for the Landers. Especially with a starting guard out sick for the Landers. But yeah the “Flare” was there. Don’t get me wrong they have a couple or 3 good players and will be a tuff out come tournament time by any local team. But last night in Roan Mountain just wasn’t their night to shine. It was all Cloudland. The first Qtr was pretty much tied up and back and forth the whole time. Then the second Qtr we started to get a little unexpected lead and I feel that what hurt UH some. They didn’t see this coming either and it was hurting their pride quite a bit. After what happened with UH and y’all I think they felt last night should’ve been like practice to them. The big Flares started in the 2nd half with the UH Coach getting Teed up and then 2 separate players getting a Technical. Cloudland coaches had a good game plan and more importantly the Home team guys honestly just played their rears off. Once they seen they could play with these guys that opened up the game a lot. Not to take anything away from any kid on Cloudland team at all but Blair played a huge role in the win. They just couldn’t stop him. 32 pnts and a bunch of boards. The couple stand out players for UH got in foul trouble and eventually both fouled out. Not taking anything away from those boys. They can play ball. But they just couldn’t keep up with our guard and got tired and just started grabbing and fouling. Now this might be a totally different outcome in games to come this year with the Bucs, but last night was ALL Cloudland. Hats off to all the Landers last night. Heck even a couple or 3 Sophomores got to see quality play time last night. It was a clean sweep for us last night. Great job to all 

I'm expecting UH to have the same type of game at Hampton! The HHS Cloudland game may be dandies !! Looking forward to em.

Edited by uknoit2

On 1/9/2020 at 10:28 PM, uknoit2 said:

I've not seen Cosby nor any team down that way. Any idea what the region is shaping up to look like?

We are a good bit better than everyone else uknoit. Hancock is probably #2 down here and are just like they always are...really tough at home but get them away from Sneedville and they are very average. Jellico has a Freshman STUD!! but the rest of the team is VERY mediocre. Washburn and GB are bad. 

On 1/16/2020 at 11:20 AM, old24eagle said:

We are a good bit better than everyone else uknoit. Hancock is probably #2 down here and are just like they always are...really tough at home but get them away from Sneedville and they are very average. Jellico has a Freshman STUD!! but the rest of the team is VERY mediocre. Washburn and GB are bad. 

Sound like you all will be in the mix again! 

35 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Well, guess I was wrong

I was surprised by this game. Once the Dogs adjusted to the drive and dish play the Landers ran, they handled them. Now I'm sure the game in Roan Mountain will be much more tightly contested, but this was a big one. Considering what the Landers did to UH earlier, this was a nice statement by the Dogs.

49 minutes ago, Dawgfan88 said:

I was surprised by this game. Once the Dogs adjusted to the drive and dish play the Landers ran, they handled them. Now I'm sure the game in Roan Mountain will be much more tightly contested, but this was a big one. Considering what the Landers did to UH earlier, this was a nice statement by the Dogs.

I don't think UH is as good as their win against us looked. And yes, I expect a better game at Cland. Gotta win your home games as even as these teams seem to be 

Made it back to a Unaka game finally. Played tough against Cosby, beat ourselves at the line. Missed like 8 out of 9 or something like that at one point including the front end of a 1 and 1 twice and lost by 4. Also, I apparently no longer know what a block/charge is anymore. Craziest calls I’ve ever seen. Fun game though, Cosby has some players, felt a little like the Unaka/Cosby games of old. 

11 hours ago, creekerballer said:

Made it back to a Unaka game finally. Played tough against Cosby, beat ourselves at the line. Missed like 8 out of 9 or something like that at one point including the front end of a 1 and 1 twice and lost by 4. Also, I apparently no longer know what a block/charge is anymore. Craziest calls I’ve ever seen. Fun game though, Cosby has some players, felt a little like the Unaka/Cosby games of old. 

Unaka is such a tough place to play. If you go to the creek and get a win in that gym its a good win. 

I cant tell whats a walk,foul , charge ,or anything anymore. Kids and refs watch too much NBA!