District 1 A

Htowndawgs

On 1/22/2020 at 10:32 PM, GreeneDevil101992 said:

Will he tough @ UH ... if NG wins its makes it look like them and Hampton down the stretch 

UH jumped out to a great start with loads of momentum going. Then, in one of the most bone-headed moronic coaching moves I have ever seen, UH’s head coach inserts the 2nd and 3rd string players in in the second quarter and allows North Greene to erase a 20 point deficit going into halftime. We lost all momentum and nearly pissed it away. I’ve always been taught you keep your foot on the gas until the 4th and then pump the brakes if needed. If both teams play great and it comes down to a game of coaching UH will be at a disadvantage against any team. Great effort and comeback by those North Greene boys though. They never quit playing.

On 1/27/2020 at 9:13 AM, uknoit2 said:

If they had shot like they did against us, 45 would've been a low number LOL

Why in the world would OHA be at this tourney anyways?! 

There were quite a few high level programs in this showcase. The real question is why were teams like UH and Johnson County in it? It’s one thing to play this in the summer but another thing to do it in the 2nd half of the season right in the middle of conference play. Counting the Thursday night OT game against NG, UH had to play 3 games in a row all weekend and then start back district play tonight. Nothing good comes from getting demoralized against Oak Hill and Bluefield in January and leads me again to scratch my head at the leadership and decision-making of this team’s staff. Say what you want about Penley but he would have never done something this asinine. But of course the school got paid so all is well. I’ll get off my soapbox now, sorry. 

Edited by gcpioneer94