District 1 A

Htowndawgs

45 minutes ago, IMDog said:

I guess he'll be at E town next according to the other message board lol

Lol! I don't see that happening but who knows! Rumor has it, his dad says they're excited to get stated here next season. Like always, we'll go with what we got...But he'd be a huge piece of the puzzle 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Lol! I don't see that happening but who knows! Rumor has it, his dad says they're excited to get stated here next season. Like always, we'll go with what we got...But he'd be a huge piece of the puzzle 

Exactly,just play with what we got,if it's true they could at least wait till he's finished the basketball season lol

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, GreeneDevil101992 said:

How are things looking in region 1a going into Christmas ??

Not sure the talent level is very high.... We'll know more shortly, but if I'm correct, it'll be hard to be ready for the teams that are state tourney equipped.

Edited by uknoit2

From the teams I've watched thus far in District 1-A, I think University High is the team to beat. Now, their current record of 6-5 is deceiving. They've lost to upper echelon teams (except for North Greene) which were much bigger schools for the most part. They have 3 legit scorers lead by Caleb Meredith who is also a star on the baseball diamond.

Hampton should also compete for the District title in the regular season. North wasn't supposed to be this good either (9-5 overall) & just lost to a really really good Sullivan South team by 15 points but the score was closer than the final outcome. 

Also can't rule out Happy Valley but they've already had some bad losses. I see the regular season title going to either University High or Hampton. When the postseason tournament arrives I can see 3-4 teams possibly taking home the trophy including North or Happy Valley to go along with Hampton or University High.

Edited by tonybologna

7 hours ago, tonybologna said:

From the teams I've watched thus far in District 1-A, I think University High is the team to beat. Now, their current record of 6-5 is deceiving. They've lost to upper echelon teams (except for North Greene) which were much bigger schools for the most part. They have 3 legit scorers lead by Caleb Meredith who is also a star on the baseball diamond.

Hampton should also compete for the District title in the regular season. North wasn't supposed to be this good either (9-5 overall) & just lost to a really really good Sullivan South team by 15 points but the score was closer than the final outcome. 

Also can't rule out Happy Valley but they've already had some bad losses. I see the regular season title going to either University High or Hampton. When the postseason tournament arrives I can see 3-4 teams possibly taking home the trophy including North or Happy Valley to go along with Hampton or University High.

Happy Valley isn’t in district 1A they are AA. 

UH looked strong last night and shot the lights outs from beyond the arc in a blowout against Hampton but I have a feeling we didn't see the real Hampton last night. UH has the athleticism in their top 3 players to beat any single A school on this end of the state any night but their bench is not deep. Hampton is a pure point guard away from being really dangerous. Be interesting to see how it plays out with them and North Greene.

4 hours ago, gcpioneer94 said:

UH looked strong last night and shot the lights outs from beyond the arc in a blowout against Hampton but I have a feeling we didn't see the real Hampton last night. UH has the athleticism in their top 3 players to beat any single A school on this end of the state any night but their bench is not deep. Hampton is a pure point guard away from being really dangerous. Be interesting to see how it plays out with them and North Greene.

Seen UH a few times but never saw them shoot that percentage from the field in any of em.

Hate excuses, but a few starters didn't practice Sunday and Monday due to flu and a couple more shouldn't have been on the floor last night due to sickness. It showed in their lack of hustle and amount of turnovers. You won't see that type of game next time they meet....I'd say we'll see a lot less trash talking, hand clapping and  flamboyancy too. We play NG Friday, I'm interested in seeing how that goes. 

As for the PG situation, I think we're fine and the subs are just young but can play....Heck looked like we lacked in EVERY position last night but just one of those nights I reckon