District 1 A

Htowndawgs

16 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Seen UH a few times but never saw them shoot that percentage from the field in any of em.

Hate excuses, but a few starters didn't practice Sunday and Monday due to flu and a couple more shouldn't have been on the floor last night due to sickness. It showed in their lack of hustle and amount of turnovers. You won't see that type of game next time they meet....I'd say we'll see a lot less trash talking, hand clapping and  flamboyancy too. We play NG Friday, I'm interested in seeing how that goes. 

As for the PG situation, I think we're fine and the subs are just young but can play....Heck looked like we lacked in EVERY position last night but just one of those nights I reckon 

What happened to the old days, Show boating and taunting would get your butt resting on the pine quicker than anything. That bunch is ridiculous and has been the last few years. 

16 minutes ago, BULLRUSH said:

What happened to the old days, Show boating and taunting would get your butt resting on the pine quicker than anything. That bunch is ridiculous and has been the last few years. 

We have a couple that would be more demonstrative if the coach allowed it. 

My boys are not world beaters, but could play better ball than a lot of what I'm seeing...At that, I cannot recall one of them acting out during competition...If they had, I would've stomped em thru the floor/field quicker than a coach could've set them on a bench! Do what you do as if you've been there before.

UH embarrassed this bunch...Nobody wanted the ball, we were slow and didn't play D...UH was feeling it, they were quicker and shooting lights out beyond the arch and a defender never closed closer than 5' to em. 

28 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

My boys are not world beaters, but could play better ball than a lot of what I'm seeing...At that, I cannot recall one of them acting out during competition...If they had, I would've stomped em thru the floor/field quicker than a coach could've set them on a bench! Do what you do as if you've been there before.

UH embarrassed this bunch...Nobody wanted the ball, we were slow and didn't play D...UH was feeling it, they were quicker and shooting lights out beyond the arch and a defender never closed closer than 5' to em. 

To get up on UH you have to play good perimeter defense. They can blister you from outside, if they had an inside game or big man they would be hard to handle. Kid are kids and they will do what you permit them to do. I do like the coach for UH and think a lot of him but I think this was started before he took over this year. He likes the high energy of the kids but every time you knock down a shot you celebrate like you won the game kinda gets little ridiculous for me.

4 hours ago, BULLRUSH said:

To get up on UH you have to play good perimeter defense. They can blister you from outside, if they had an inside game or big man they would be hard to handle. Kid are kids and they will do what you permit them to do. I do like the coach for UH and think a lot of him but I think this was started before he took over this year. He likes the high energy of the kids but every time you knock down a shot you celebrate like you won the game kinda gets little ridiculous for me.

Edited by DukeDodgers

On 1/8/2020 at 11:47 AM, gcpioneer94 said:

UH looked strong last night and shot the lights outs from beyond the arc in a blowout against Hampton but I have a feeling we didn't see the real Hampton last night. UH has the athleticism in their top 3 players to beat any single A school on this end of the state any night but their bench is not deep. Hampton is a pure point guard away from being really dangerous. Be interesting to see how it plays out with them and North Greene.

Still think it’s UH Hampton and North Greene at the top ... the league will be won by the team that doesn’t slip up against one of the other 3 ... I think Hampton is the deepest team .. UH has the best player .. and North Greene Has 3 good players and is well coached  .. excited to see how it plays out 

Edited by GreeneDevil101992

43 minutes ago, GreeneDevil101992 said:

Still think it’s UH Hampton and North Greene at the top ... the league will be won by the team that doesn’t slip up against one of the other 3 ... I think Hampton is the deepest team .. UH has the best player .. and North Greene Has 3 good players and is well coached  .. excited to see how it plays out 

I've not seen Cosby nor any team down that way. Any idea what the region is shaping up to look like?

On 1/9/2020 at 9:47 AM, uknoit2 said:

I can tolerate a little fist pumping after a big shot which our boys at UH do but I cannot stand the pissing and moaning to the refs that our boys do and that has been going on for 2 or 3 years now. I came up in a West Tn basketball culture where you kept your mouth shut and the only complaining to the refs was done by the coach, and that's it! They got a little taste of West Tn ball at state and Mckenzie handled their business and did not do all that talking or complaining. You could tell something was off with Hampton from the start the other night and knowing that a lot of them were battling sickness explains the lethargy. 

4 hours ago, gcpioneer94 said:

I can tolerate a little fist pumping after a big shot which our boys at UH do but I cannot stand the pissing and moaning to the refs that our boys do and that has been going on for 2 or 3 years now. I came up in a West Tn basketball culture where you kept your mouth shut and the only complaining to the refs was done by the coach, and that's it! They got a little taste of West Tn ball at state and Mckenzie handled their business and did not do all that talking or complaining. You could tell something was off with Hampton from the start the other night and knowing that a lot of them were battling sickness explains the lethargy. 

Hampton beat NG at HHS tonight but still lots to work on....and I heard Cloudland beat UH??

Edited by uknoit2

14 hours ago, DukeDodgers said:

Yes Cloudland best UH. Cloudland was up 10 at halftime and about 29 or so to start 4th. UH looked off and Cloudland out hussled them all night.  This conference could be crazy this year. 

Sounds like UH was riding a high that let em down pretty quickly! Being down 29 sounds familiar, but I wonder if there was much of that UH "flare" on display last night? :roll:

And yes, this is looking like a very even conference so far 

Edited by uknoit2