Milan searching for a new skipper..... again.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 11/18/2019 at 4:35 PM, ManOfMillions said:

sorrows the Booger terribly for the players, school, alum, community and for Coach P..... that he felt that card b needed to b played....

.....if there were so much confidence that a firin would go down if a Gold Ball wernt grabbed in 2 seasons...then why not deny the helm and predict why the future would look like it does today...and why it was gonna b that way............for sumone who where deeply involved in that program for 15 or so years..... to over night see the culture differently and throw that culture out there like he did.....unfortunate for all involved....

...thinkin that hurt sum of his next HC opportunities......cause no program wants that kinda response because of a firin when a feller been around a place for 15 or so years without firin claims of that stuff....but does after his firin...

.....thinkin bad play

Booger just sayin gesturing-nun-smiley-emoticon.gifnun-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by Booger

2 hours ago, uofl said:

Might be tired about the card but in lots of situations it’s facts. Being let go after two playoff runs is very odd. Now I don’t know all the facts but there are a lot of coaches at schools that haven’t had success but they still working and getting time to succeed. How many black head coaches are at a school that’s not predominantly black. 

Going to be feeling different if Milan hires Coach Wolfe. 

2 hours ago, uofl said:

Might be tired about the card but in lots of situations it’s facts. Being let go after two playoff runs is very odd. Now I don’t know all the facts but there are a lot of coaches at schools that haven’t had success but they still working and getting time to succeed. How many black head coaches are at a school that’s not predominantly black. 

Go watch a Milan game from the last 2 years, it'll make complete sense then. You don't get time when you go 6-6 with the talent Milan had

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Mtown38 said:

I’m not talking about  black coaches that are in predominantly black areas of the state or predominantly black schools. Those coaches probably have not experienced in racial setbacks. I’m talking about the rural west Tn Schools that rarely have black head coaches.  In these areas you have to be extraordinary to say the least. You will not get the time that other coaches or given to succeed.  The coaches you named didn’t start out winning 8,9, or 10 games the first few years as a head coach.  It takes time. 

Milan is a great program but it’s not like y’all have 3, 4 , 5 star recruits like the serious powerhouse programs have throughout the state.  Humble yourselves

I don't get it though, if the school didn't want a black HC then they wouldn't hire a black HC in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

Heck I'll pitch Wolfe.

There's not another coach out there who cares for his kids more than him. It may even be equal but it's not more. From doing the little things to strengthen our program like cutting the grass and lining the fields to the bigger like the new weight room equipment, driving kids across the country for camps and combines because their parents cant afford to. I'll tell you now he's an awesome HC and a better man. And I'll tell you this he'll get kids who walk the halls. Students love him not just players. If for some reason it didn't work and was let go he'd do nothing but tip his cap and be thankful for the opportunity. 

Edited by WarEagleCartman

I personally have been really hesitant to post anything about this situation. I live in the area, and I have nothing but respect for Milan football. They really are a blue chip football town. They are also our biggest rival. 

Anyone that says Teddy got a raw deal, or this is because of the color of his skin is stupid. Teddy failed at his job, did not have his boys ready to win, offense was a mess ( to say the least ), and the chemistry of the team did not have the heart that is expected out of a Milan team. 

Going behind a legend like coach Morris was going to be a tough job. If Teddy did not think he could do it he should not have accepted or applied for the position. He regressed in the teams performance over the 2 years. Finishing 2nd in the region.... He was 1 game away from being eliminated completely from the playoffs.  Yes, Milan plays a super hard schedule. That does not matter to Milan. They are Milan for a reason. They want to play the toughest games because they are absolutely used to making deep playoff runs year in and year out. Teddy knew this when taking the job because he has been a coach for 15 year prior to taking the head skipper position.

Also, no one has mentioned that former coach Jeff Morris had stepped in and helped Teddy get things together. After Morris stepped in things got clearly better. Some of you may disagree with this but I know this to be true so save it please. 

I personally wish Teddy nothing but the best. He is fine man and one heck of a coach. He knows along with all of us now that he does not have what it takes to be the head man. That is Okay! ( have seen several companies go bankrupt because they were not ok with being #2 ). He should have bowed out gracefully and stepped down. Instead, he attempts to burn the entire house down on his way out the door. 

I think that it is going to be impossible for him to ever get another shot at a head coaching job because of the way he handled himself on this departure. ( I've had 10 plus calls already?? what a joke. Word does not travel that fast even in the internet age... ) No admin anywhere is going to want this mess on their hands. 

The race thing is so outdated, overused, and simply not the case in most situation. This is a slap in the face to fine people that actually have be a victim of racism. 

In closing, I wish Teddy nothing but the best. He is a really likable person, has heart, and integrity. He is simply off base on this pulling the race card. 

Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I personally have been really hesitant to post anything about this situation. I live in the area, and I have nothing but respect for Milan football. They really are a blue chip football town. They are also our biggest rival. 

Anyone that says Teddy got a raw deal, or this is because of the color of his skin is stupid. Teddy failed at his job, did not have his boys ready to win, offense was a mess ( to say the least ), and the chemistry of the team did not have the heart that is expected out of a Milan team. 

Going behind a legend like coach Morris was going to be a tough job. If Teddy did not think he could do it he should not have accepted or applied for the position. He regressed in the teams performance over the 2 years. Finishing 2nd in the region.... He was 1 game away from being eliminated completely from the playoffs.  Yes, Milan plays a super hard schedule. That does not matter to Milan. They are Milan for a reason. They want to play the toughest games because they are absolutely used to making deep playoff runs year in and year out. Teddy knew this when taking the job because he has been a coach for 15 year prior to taking the head skipper position.

Also, no one has mentioned that former coach Jeff Morris had stepped in and helped Teddy get things together. After Morris stepped in things got clearly better. Some of you may disagree with this but I know this to be true so save it please. 

I personally wish Teddy nothing but the best. He is fine man and one heck of a coach. He knows along with all of us now that he does not have what it takes to be the head man. That is Okay! ( have seen several companies go bankrupt because they were not ok with being #2 ). He should have bowed out gracefully and stepped down. Instead, he attempts to burn the entire house down on his way out the door. 

I think that it is going to be impossible for him to ever get another shot at a head coaching job because of the way he handled himself on this departure. ( I've had 10 plus calls already?? what a joke. Word does not travel that fast even in the internet age... ) No admin anywhere is going to want this mess on their hands. 

The race thing is so outdated, overused, and simply not the case in most situation. This is a slap in the face to fine people that actually have be a victim of racism. 

In closing, I wish Teddy nothing but the best. He is a really likable person, has heart, and integrity. He is simply off base on this pulling the race card. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Sometimes 2 cents are worth Millions.

After reflecting on this for a while, I got on here to post pretty much the same thing (only without the familiarity of the coach), but found that you beat me to the punch... you said what I think many of us feel, but did it more eloquently than I could have managed.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Like 1

As a loyal Covington fan, I view Milan as a rival. I have records that go back 25 years. The first Covington -Milan matchup occurred in 1999. Early results favored Milan, while Covington has made a push to even the series in recent years. Going into this season, I showed the series tied 6-6. Milan won this year to now lead 7-6.

I want to wish you guys good luck in your coaching search, but not too much. Have you thought of hiring the University of Tennessee's search firm to help out? Just some friendly advice!

6 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

As a loyal Covington fan, I view Milan as a rival. I have records that go back 25 years. The first Covington -Milan matchup occurred in 1999. Early results favored Milan, while Covington has made a push to even the series in recent years. Going into this season, I showed the series tied 6-6. Milan won this year to now lead 7-6.

I want to wish you guys good luck in your coaching search, but not too much. Have you thought of hiring the University of Tennessee's search firm to help out? Just some friendly advice!

If admin is smart the phone at the football office of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has been ringing off the hook....

54 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

If admin is smart the phone at the football office of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has been ringing off the hook....

who? Wright?.....Shirley BPM dont think thats gonna happen....they just won a championship...undefeated too

Booger just sayin :roll:

9 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Just my 2 cents. 

I totally agree with you.