Milan searching for a new skipper..... again.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

11 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Wow - 16 pages on a coaching hire? I'll bet the Declaration of Independence took less words to put together.

BTW, Hugh Freeze was a heck of a high school coach at Briarcrest. Why not contact Liberty and see if he's ready to move back to Tennessee?

That's one of the few names I haven't seen in this thread.

Freeze was mentioned in the thread last time as well.  Laughable then as now.  Though he did play BYU about as good as TN.  Milan is the best job currently open by far.  

14 minutes ago, BigStickDiplomacy said:

Freeze was mentioned in the thread last time as well.  Laughable then as now.  Though he did play BYU about as good as TN.  Milan is the best job currently open by far.  

It is definitely laughable. A lot of what has been posted in this thread is laughable. But I agree Milan is a great job with lots of talent and will very soon have a brand new stadium. Now just need a big time coach....

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

It is definitely laughable. A lot of what has been posted in this thread is laughable. But I agree Milan is a great job with lots of talent and will very soon have a brand new stadium. Now just need a big time coach....

Freeze - base salary = 1.5 million @ Liberty

Milan is really moving up. 

Milan had their skipper hired the last time around but that hire was shot down by one of the leaders at Central Office for a ridiculous reason.  Everyone "in the know" at Milan knows this is the case.  They hired last time based on reasons that went far beyond "football qualifications" and it came back to bite them in the rear.  That same topic of conversation was thrown back in their face when the head coach decided to speak out after all was said and done.  

21 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Anyone hear how the school board meeting went for tonight???... things are going to get pretty interesting....

Milan would be in their best interest to hire Wolf from West Carroll.  After the unnecessary drama that preceded the last hire and the circumstances currently surrounding this opening it's obvious that a particular group from the community is going to be very angry if they lose in the second round of the playoffs and there are no immediate ramifications.  No successful coach wants to sign up for continuous negative feedback.  A few years ago Milan placed more interest on "other issues" and not enough interest on "football qualifications" when making a choice for their head coach.  Now like a hangover they've gotten some of the dog that bit them in making their hire last time.