Milan searching for a new skipper..... again.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Glad that it's a done deal, and that both parties really wanted to get started ASAP. From what I've learned about Coach, Milan couldn't have hired a better guy than they got. Usually takes a while for new systems to be implemented, asst. coaches to settle into their roles, and for them to gain the complete trust and confidence of the kids and fans, but I think that all the 3A programs just got put on notice that the 'Dawgs are coming up soon enough.

EDIT

Sorta sad though... it has definitely been interesting reading some of the "opinions" that have been thrown around as fact regarding the hire... even after being told differently.

Edited by tradertwo

24 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Glad that it's a done deal, and that both parties really wanted to get started ASAP. From what I've learned about Coach, Milan couldn't have hired a better guy than they got. Usually takes a while for new systems to be implemented, asst. coaches to settle into their roles, and for them to gain the complete trust and confidence of the kids and fans, but I think that all the 3A programs just got put on notice that the 'Dawgs are coming up soon enough.

EDIT

Sorta sad though... it has definitely been interesting reading some of the "opinions" that have been thrown around as fact regarding the hire... even after being told differently.

Yes it has been interesting seeing the opinions of everyone these last couple of weeks. Some had very strong opinions and it was funny seeing how far off they were. But I give credit to Milan administrators for thinking outside the box and going away from the familiar. You would be amazed at how much interest there was from local coaches. But Milan went with a guy that few know of. But he is a professing Christian and makes no bones about. He is quick to tell you it’s all about the kids. And to take a program from 1 and 2 win seasons to 12 and 13 wins speaks volumes. And winning that many games in north Mississippi ain’t easy to do considering the competition. Very excited. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes it has been interesting seeing the opinions of everyone these last couple of weeks. Some had very strong opinions and it was funny seeing how far off they were. But I give credit to Milan administrators for thinking outside the box and going away from the familiar. You would be amazed at how much interest there was from local coaches. But Milan went with a guy that few know of. But he is a professing Christian and makes no bones about. He is quick to tell you it’s all about the kids. And to take a program from 1 and 2 win seasons to 12 and 13 wins speaks volumes. And winning that many games in north Mississippi ain’t easy to do considering the competition. Very excited. 

Sounds like he has learned from Ricky Woods, he will have that offense rolling in Milan. He will get the dawgs back in top 3A conversation heading in the playoffs 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I knew that Milan wouldn't have had to settle for mediocre under any circumstances, but I've also seen many jobs filled by a "known commodity" when I might've gambled a bit. I believe that Milan took exactly the right approach in making this hire... this guy has shown in a short time that his approach works with the kids, and against very tough competition too. Add to that, I doubt that anyone has an idea of what his limits are. As much as I don't like the word potential, I think his is limitless.

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Not being crass or negative, just curious. What does a HC job like Milan pay? Just base plus stipend or does the boosters kick in some funds. In all honesty I don’t have a clue about a high-profile coaching job such as this.

3 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Not being crass or negative, just curious. What does a HC job like Milan pay? Just base plus stipend or does the boosters kick in some funds. In all honesty I don’t have a clue about a high-profile coaching job such as this.

I know Morris was making in the mid 80’s. Not sure what pettigrew made.