Milan searching for a new skipper..... again.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

2 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

You said it right there. They are better than 6-6. Very professional by throwing the blame on kids when he said he did the best he could with the cards dealt. Unbelievable that some adults cannot look themselves in the mirror & realize maybe they aren’t doing the best at their job. 

I haven’t walked a day in Pettigrew’s shoes so I don’t know what he has experienced. I do know the talent on this team and the support that lies within the community. All the tools are there to produce a team that had much better results. That only leads one to question the coaching. 

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Gotcha. Question for you. Does yalls qb have an offer from Memphis??

No...none of our players have "offers" from anywhere...

They have tweets or something asking how they are doing...

Any D1 coach that actually saw their work ethic and attitude would simply hop back on 40 and head to Olive Branch

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I guess what I heard was fake news....

lol...my kids think getting mail from a school is the same as an offer

we have some pretty talented players...but they don't actually know what hard work is

they will quit before it becomes time to excel and dominate

however...the upcoming freshmen and sophomore class is loaded with athletes...im hoping the mindset of constantly losing and everyone is against us hasn't been ingrained too deeply just yet 

5 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I haven’t walked a day in Pettigrew’s shoes so I don’t know what he has experienced. I do know the talent on this team and the support that lies within the community. All the tools are there to produce a team that had much better results. That only leads one to question the coaching. 

I got to attend a bulldog game this year and spend some time on the sideline, as well as our match up in the season

I would say it was the most dysfunctional I have ever seen a sideline in 25+ years

I really thought nothing could be as bad as what I had witnessed the past few years at Liberty...but your sideline...your coaches and athletes lack of communication and respect for each other was actually embarrassing...and I had no stake in it whatsoever...I came to support a friend

many factors play a role in something like that...but at the end of the day preparation and discipline fall at the feet of the head coach whether they like it or not 

24 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

The Milan Mirror article is insane based of the quotes Pettigrew gave. Holy moly 

Just read the article and all I can say is WOW. Milan gave him a heck of an opportunity. They could have hired a head coach from another program, but they took a chance on a guy who was never been a head coach. And he repays them by calling them racist. I have never walked in his shoes, and can never feel what he feels, but I think there is a much better way to handle this. It's ridiculous for him to bring up other sports. We all know football is king in most Tennessees schools, and especially West Tennessee schools. Other sports coaches rarely get fired for wins and losses. Football is different, especially at a place like Milan. Milan has everything in place for him to be successful. I also think it's immature for him to say he's "already got ten texts from other schools", everyone knows he will get a job somewhere as an assistant. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

This has been in the works for awhile if he didn’t have a good year this year, because I think us in Trenton might be familiar with the new head coach at Milan if it all pans out 

are you saying Milan's next coach might be a current Peabody asst?....as a Milan fan, It wouldn't upset me if it were Vowell....Marley might be OK with his winning % at USJ but he could recruit there and he was 0-forever in gold ball games....

3 minutes ago, cofo said:

are you saying Milan's next coach might be a current Peabody asst?....as a Milan fan, It wouldn't upset me if it were Vowell....Marley might be OK with his winning % at USJ but he could recruit there and he was 0-forever in gold ball games....

I’ve heard a former coach of Peabody’s. Not Kent Scott. This would be a great hire if the rumors are true.. it’ll build the bulldawgs like the old days. As a tide fan, I hope it is true 

Edited by Goldenpride

12 minutes ago, dhstennis said:

I got to attend a bulldog game this year and spend some time on the sideline, as well as our match up in the season

I would say it was the most dysfunctional I have ever seen a sideline in 25+ years

I really thought nothing could be as bad as what I had witnessed the past few years at Liberty...but your sideline...your coaches and athletes lack of communication and respect for each other was actually embarrassing...and I had no stake in it whatsoever...I came to support a friend

many factors play a role in something like that...but at the end of the day preparation and discipline fall at the feet of the head coach whether they like it or not 

To continue that thought... the best of them are quick to assume that burden whether it is actually their fault or not. Stroup had many catch phrases, but the one I probably heard most often regarding something negative was "you either coach it, or you allow it to happen". I've witnessed kids blowing an assignment, disregarding instructions, or just being physically beaten on a play, and the coach's response was always that he didn't put the kid in the best position to make the play.

Hope that both you guys get good coaches to lead your programs. Milan should... getting a makeover on the facilities, the community support, the tradition, and the returning talent dictate that anyone "looking for the mountaintop job" in West Tennessee would at least have to strongly consider being a Bulldog.