Milan searching for a new skipper..... again.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

27 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Just read the article and all I can say is WOW. Milan gave him a heck of an opportunity. They could have hired a head coach from another program, but they took a chance on a guy who was never been a head coach. And he repays them by calling them racist. I have never walked in his shoes, and can never feel what he feels, but I think there is a much better way to handle this. It's ridiculous for him to bring up other sports. We all know football is king in most Tennessees schools, and especially West Tennessee schools. Other sports coaches rarely get fired for wins and losses. Football is different, especially at a place like Milan. Milan has everything in place for him to be successful. I also think it's immature for him to say he's "already got ten texts from other schools", everyone knows he will get a job somewhere as an assistant. 

great post Mid....spot on accurate....

7 minutes ago, cofo said:

great post Mid....spot on accurate....

hearing former Liberty coach Tyler Turner would love the job.....look what he did at Liberty and look what it's turned into since he left.....I would love that choice....

Edited by cofo
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

”I'd like to buy a Vowell please..”

That comment wins the internet for the day. I would venture to say that the individual you alluded to will be the first choice on the radar at Milan.

In reference to Teddy Pettigrew using the race card in his "dismisal", I say BS to you sir. If race was truly involved, then why would you have been hired and spent the last sixteen years coaching at Milan. There are many cases scattered across the history of football of men who are hired to be head coaches and did not meet the standards of the community as far as performance goes. How many great assistant coaches over the years have gotten their first head coaching jobs and did not meet expectations for whatever reason? Teddy Pettigrew falls into that category. He did not meet expectations and he failed on other levels as well.

23 minutes ago, cofo said:

hearing former Liberty coach Tyler Turner would love the job.....look what he did at Liberty and look what it's turned into since he left.....I would love that choice....

ahahahhaahahahhahaah  that man is NOT leaving Olive Branch for any positions currently open in West TN 

the type of football he is coaching against is so many levels above where we all are...it just wouldn't make sense for him...he has everything at his fingertips at OB:  community support, fantastic athletes and top level competition, not to mention im sure it pays better than small town West TN

that being said...any program that lands him would be incredibly fortunate to have his work ethic and skill set

we should start a thread of most desired openings in West TN...pros and cons...id even go so far as to say Milan is the #1 destination...and I hate typing that

Edited by dhstennis

1 minute ago, dhstennis said:

ahahahhaahahahhahaah  that man is NOT leaving Olive Branch for any positions currently open in West TN 

the type football he is coaching against is so many levels above where we all are...it just wouldn't make sense for him...he has everything at his fingertips at OB:  community support, fantastic athletes and top level competition, not to mention im sure it pays better than small town West TN

that being said...any program that lands him would be incredibly fortunate to have his work ethic and skill set

we should start a thread of most desired openings in West TN...pros and cons...id even go so far as to say Milan is the #1 destination...and I hate typing that

That would be a good thread this year. There's definitely coaching talent to chose from too

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

https://tnhighschoolfootball.com/teddy-pettigrew-resigns-milan-just-two-seasons/

Who will be the new skipper in Bulldawg country?  Where do we go from here??

As much as I want him here in Camden  your answer is just down the street across the county line.Young,smart ,The kids love him and he tough loves them back.  Coach Josh Wolfe West Carroll.  He does so much with very little talent and or community support.You will never leave a game saying..what was coach thinking there?  he  gets "it" 

When he goes by the book  you agree when he goes off script youre like thats what we had to do to get back in this game..  I can not talk the man up enough and no we are not kin or even friends  just friendly. Like I said  I want him here but mostly I want him to have a bigger stage and a little help from the place he coaches.