Milan searching for a new skipper..... again.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

9 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

To insinuate that Milan has just played with "what gets off the yellow bus kids" is laughable. You seem to forget about Milan having to Forfeit games a few years ago for playing a kid who did not even live in Gibson County much less Milan. Just my one example leaves your argument laughable. However we are not here to have a public/private debate on this thread.

labeling Milan over 1 incident that happened years ago is even more laughable...you must be a private school lover....and list your other "examples"....

Edited by cofo

4 minutes ago, cofo said:

labeling Milan over 1 incident that happened years ago is even more laughable...you must be a private school lover....and list your other "examples"....

Open school zones put that dead horse to bed a few years ago. I always heard that Earnest Fields lived in Wingo Bottom and should have went to either West Carroll or McKenzie.

1 minute ago, cofo said:

labeling Milan over 1 incident that happened years ago is even more laughable...you must be a private school lover....

My example was just over the one incident that they were "caught" on. You made a statement and I responded with facts. Whom I support is irrelevant to this discussion. Recruiting, either legal or illegal, is not the point of this discussion. We both need to stay on topic. The point you brought up can have its own thread and if you would like to start one I will be happy to talk to you about it there.

3 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

My example was just over the one incident that they were "caught" on. You made a statement and I responded with facts. Whom I support is irrelevant to this discussion. Recruiting, either legal or illegal, is not the point of this discussion. We both need to stay on topic. The point you brought up can have its own thread and if you would like to start one I will be happy to talk to you about it there.

no need....just give me another example where they were "caught"....then we can end it here....and I'll eat crow if wrong...

Edited by cofo

Just now, ReitzFan said:

I'm not so sure that I would put usj on that list. Sure they have a nice turf field and great secondary personalities such as locker rooms and such. What would make usj not such a great job opening would be many of these self-entitled parents and certain boosters for that school. They eventually got Marley and it only took one year for them to run off Mickey's replacement. Perhaps your friend will have better luck in dealing with that circus. Time will tell

He's a master at dealing with people... having said that, I agree with you completely (believe me, he was warned)!!!

These three teams/schools come to mind for different reasons. On the outside looking in, Dyersburg has it all... Pay, facilities, athletes (to a point), and support. The "support" is a double edged sword though, and I'll defer to a post made 50 minutes ago by a "supporter". Stowe had a devastating injury to his best player, removed a large part of the rest for disciplinary reasons, and had a bad season because he did the right thing... now this "supporter" want's someone to "please take Stowe"...SMH. Milan is obvious. The only drawback to the job at all is scheduled to be fixed soon, and their fans will back their coach (at least to the public) beyond reason. USJ has mountains of upside. Anything needed can be had, and they have a city at their disposal to acquire kids from. If the administration has learned anything from the past two debacles in dealing with coaches, the only thing remaining would be teaching their fans that supporting their team does not mean writing a check.

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

He's a master at dealing with people... having said that, I agree with you completely (believe me, he was warned)!!!

If the administration has learned anything from the past two debacles in dealing with coaches, the only thing remaining would be teaching their fans that supporting their team does not mean writing a check.

I do understand your thought process and agree. However, we both know that there are certain factions out there that think they are above the rules and that because they wrote a check that they get to dictate policy. Again, let's discuss this topic on another thread. We are both being drawn into hijacking This Thread away from its main purpose. LOL

Just now, ReitzFan said:

I do understand your thought process and agree. However, we both know that there are certain factions out there that think they are above the rules and that because they wrote a check that they get to dictate policy. Again, let's discuss this topic on another thread. We are both being drawn into hijacking This Thread away from its main purpose. LOL

As usual, you are spot on!