Oak Ridge Lady Wildcats

boyfromsi

20 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

The post Guinn era began tonight with a thrilling come from behind victory over a good Meigs Lady Tiger team.  51-42. We are going to struggle early on, but I think we have the makings of a pretty good team. 

You beat me to it! These Lady Wildcats deserve to have a thread dedicated to them.

You are probably right that it will take this team some time to hit their potential. I have complete confidence the Coaching Staff will guide these talented players to a successful season.

Tuesday's win was very impressive considering Meigs County won 29 games last season and have many returning players. I hope we can avoid foul trouble but the team played through it tonight.

Lady Wildcat scorers ( thanks to David Clary's Twitter account ).

Khamari Mitchell-Steen   15 points

Bri Dunbar   13

Raja Eckles   6

Taliah Davis   6

Hope Holt   1

Gracie Hearon   2

Selena Pettus   8

Next game: Thursday against the Jennifer (Wilson - 2 time AAA Miss Basketball for Oak Ridge) Galloway coached Lady Hawks of Hardin Valley.

Roll Lady Wildcats Roll,  RLWR!

On 11/20/2019 at 12:02 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

You beat me to it! These Lady Wildcats deserve to have a thread dedicated to them.

You are probably right that it will take this team some time to hit their potential. I have complete confidence the Coaching Staff will guide these talented players to a successful season.

Tuesday's win was very impressive considering Meigs County won 29 games last season and have many returning players. I hope we can avoid foul trouble but the team played through it tonight.

Lady Wildcat scorers ( thanks to David Clary's Twitter account ).

Khamari Mitchell-Steen   15 points

Bri Dunbar   13

Raja Eckles   6

Taliah Davis   6

Hope Holt   1

Gracie Hearon   2

Selena Pettus   8

Next game: Thursday against the Jennifer (Wilson - 2 time AAA Miss Basketball for Oak Ridge) Galloway coached Lady Hawks of Hardin Valley.

Roll Lady Wildcats Roll,  RLWR!

You did beat a very good Meigs team.  They will win a lot of games.  Honestly, for Meigs, I know they hate the loss, but it may have been the best thing for this bunch.  Oak Ridge, you may be better than you think, because that Meigs bunch can play.

37 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

You did beat a very good Meigs team.  They will win a lot of games.  Honestly, for Meigs, I know they hate the loss, but it may have been the best thing for this bunch.  Oak Ridge, you may be better than you think, because that Meigs bunch can play.

One thing the causes me great concern for the Lady Wildcats is that Bradley Central crushed Oak Ridge in a preseason scrimmage by about 50 points. I just wish I knew what went wrong in that scrimmage.

Good luck to Meigs County this season. I actually live in Hixson / Chattanooga so I will be able to follow them in the Chatt. Times Free Press.

One thing the causes me great concern for the Lady Wildcats is that Bradley Central crushed Oak Ridge in a preseason scrimmage by about 50 points. I just wish I knew what went wrong in that scrimmage.

Yes Bearettes won 82-42.  And played their bench deep.  Was expecting more of a ballgame but OR did not seem to be too excited about competing.

The Oak Ridge Lady Wildcats improved to 2 - 0 on the season with a 62 - 42 road victory at Hardin Valley Academy.

The replay of the game can be found on Diamond Clear Media.

I believe this is an incomplete scoring summary ( I believe Raja scored but is not listed on Twitter ).

Khamari Mitchell - Steen   19

Bri Dunbar   14

Taliah Davis   12

Gracie Hearon   4

Selena Pettus   2

Next game is Monday in the Pigeon Forge Thanksgiving Basketball Tournament versus Chattanooga Brainerd. I am a little confused about the Tournament schedule because ORHS may play another game that night.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats

On 11/21/2019 at 1:29 PM, bleedblackandgold said:

Yes Bearettes won 82-42.  And played their bench deep.  Was expecting more of a ballgame but OR did not seem to be too excited about competing.

Thanks for the information. I heard Coach Redmond ( A Bradley Central Legend Oak Ridge is VERY BLESSED to have ) say the team has shown improvement from every scrimmage and now some real games. Still, I wonder what the Lady Wildcats had to do after the Bradley beat down. :o 

20 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Next game is Monday in the Pigeon Forge Thanksgiving Basketball Tournament versus Chattanooga Brainerd. I am a little confused about the Tournament schedule because ORHS may play another game that night.

I now do not think OR plays two games Monday but please don't take my word for it.

5 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I now do not think OR plays two games Monday but please don't take my word for it.

If you do play 2 games in one day, your starters won’t need to play more than 5 minutes vs Brainerd. They are pathetic. Your bottom 5 on your bench would beat them by 40.

Edited by FootballFan51

On 11/22/2019 at 11:50 PM, FootballFan51 said:

If you do play 2 games in one day, your starters won’t need to play more than 5 minutes vs Brainerd. They are pathetic. Your bottom 5 on your bench would beat them by 40.

I know you don't know this but I like Brainerd High sports. I taught a dozen years at Woodmore Elementary in Chattanooga and many of my former students grew up to play for the Panthers. Sure, I want Oak Ridge to win but I would like to see Brainerd make a game of it.

On Tuesday, the Oak Ridge boys play Brainerd in Pigeon Forge. Are the Panther boys a typical good team? Thanks.

A shouldn't be looking ahead but the Lady Wildcats have a HUGE early season game on Tuesday in Pigeon Forge. South Greene will be the competition and they are not a joke. Tons of respect for them and their proud history of playing winning basketball. Should be a fun game. Good luck Lady Cats! RLWR!

All or most Oak Ridge boys and girls games can be heard on  prepradio.com. David Clary is the Voice of the Wildcats and last Thursday Cole Adams was the ORHS student helping with the play by play. Cole's brother is Jacob the Hammer Adams who should be named an All-State Linebacker for his play this season. Cole is also a very good player and should have a great senior season in 2020.

RWR!

7 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

A shouldn't be looking ahead but the Lady Wildcats have a HUGE early season game on Tuesday in Pigeon Forge. South Greene will be the competition and they are not a joke. Tons of respect for them and their proud history of playing winning basketball. Should be a fun game. Good luck Lady Cats! RLWR!

All or most Oak Ridge boys and girls games can be heard on  prepradio.com. David Clary is the Voice of the Wildcats and last Thursday Cole Adams was the ORHS student helping with the play by play. Cole's brother is Jacob the Hammer Adams who should be named an All-State Linebacker for his play this season. Cole is also a very good player and should have a great senior season in 2020.

RWR!

Do you have a time when the South Greene game or any others will be played on Tuesday? Much appreciated if you can post! Not having any luck finding a schedule for that.  I've posted a good article and team picture of South Greene.The article says it better than I can.

Good luck to Oak Ridge next week and in the Ladies Classic in Greeneville later in December. The Lady Wildcats are always fun to watch.

https://www.greenevillesun.com/coach-refusing-to-call-lady-rebels-a-rebuild/article_4ed2ff88-6cf3-5bff-8ba0-c1941727435f.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share