First game jitters for refs?

FvHSJackets9

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 7:47 AM, FvHSJackets9 said:

Maybe this was just a fluke or something but anyone else’s games have super whistle aggressive refs last night? Between a boys and girls game, there was 92(and I’m not exaggerating) fouls called. Made it really long and slow to watch. Hopefully as the year goes on this doesn’t continue.

92?  I figure if 18 girls played total for both teams then they all fouled out.  That sounds ridiculous.

I am seeing no fouls called.  Girls games especially.  I'd rather fouls be called that should be called.  Especially early in the game then it should clean it up the rest of the way.  

10 hours ago, bigredmachine said:

92?  I figure if 18 girls played total for both teams then they all fouled out.  That sounds ridiculous.

I am seeing no fouls called.  Girls games especially.  I'd rather fouls be called that should be called.  Especially early in the game then it should clean it up the rest of the way.  

As ridiculous as 92 sounds for two games, I just sat through one game with 48 + one technical. Almost unbearable. As for the game, it wasn't even a "rough" contest, nor did any of the players get chippy or aggressive. Of course the tech was called on an exasperated player who couldn't believe the call. I am sort of a purist concerning basketball... I am of the opinion that it's a non contact sport, but incidental, light touches or loose ball contact (minimal) is just part of the game to me. The home and visiting crowds usually favor calls going their way and protest all but the obvious against their team, but by the third quarter, they were all booing in unison against the refs for calling any touch, and some that there clearly was none. pitiful.