District 3-AAA

WillieTheWildcats

I just thought I would start a tread for District 3-AAA boys basketball. 

Who is the favorite to start the season?

I was very pleased with Oak Ridge against Hardin Valley Thursday night. The Cats won 80 - 64 with a lot of new faces playing significant number of minutes. It seems to me, Coach Green has done a great job with the players in the offseason and I expect him to do a great job at preparing the Wildcats for the various parts of the season.

Good luck to all the District 3-AAA teams. Looking forward to some intense Clinton vs OR battles.

Oak Ridge beat HVA 

Central with two losses to David Crockett & Mo East but beat Jefferson County 

Clinton loses to William Blount and Walker Valley 

Campbell County loses to Oneida and Scott 

Anderson County beats Loudon & Lenoir City  

Powell lost to Greeneville, South Doyle, and Dobyns Bennett

Karns lost to South Doyle and West 

Halls??

On 11/25/2019 at 7:46 AM, HOOPSGURU said:

Oak Ridge beat HVA 

Central with two losses to David Crockett & Mo East but beat Jefferson County 

Clinton loses to William Blount and Walker Valley 

Campbell County loses to Oneida and Scott 

Anderson County beats Loudon & Lenoir City  

Powell lost to Greeneville, South Doyle, and Dobyns Bennett

Karns lost to South Doyle and West 

Halls??

Powell down this year ?

Were there not several District 3-AAA posters on CoachT last few seasons? If I remember correctly they knew a lot about the Knoxville teams and Campbell County. I miss their knowledge. COME BACK!!!

Speaking of the CCHS Cougars, did I see correctly where Farragut took care of them easily? When I lived in Oak Ridge I always loved the rivalry between CC and OR in b-ball.

A Girls Basketball Heads Up...this Friday, Campbell County and the Lady Wildcats go at it. Should be a very hard fought contest.

WW, Farragut is sitting at 6-0 right now in 4AAA. Don’t know how legit they are, but they’ve already beaten Fulton and Fulton as you know is typically a really good team. Looks like they could be the surprise team in the area this year. Miller for OR dropped I think 31 tonight on Halls. Man, that kid has a sweet stroke.

Edited by SweetScience

22 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

WW, Farragut is sitting at 6-0 right now in 4AAA. Don’t know how legit they are, but they’ve already beaten Fulton and Fulton as you know is typically a really good team. Looks like they could be the surprise team in the area this year. Miller for OR dropped I think 31 tonight on Halls. Man, that kid has a sweet stroke.

SS, you just made me sick in the stomach. I'd rather get tackled by Jacob Adams then admit Farragut might be the surprise team around Knoxville. Anybody but the Ads :shock: !

You are right about Jeremy Miller for sure. The junior worked hard in the off season playing AAU ball. He also had a dunk tonight.

I hope you and your family are enjoying the Holiday Season.

14 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

SS, you just made me sick in the stomach. I'd rather get tackled by Jacob Adams then admit Farragut might be the surprise team around Knoxville. Anybody but the Ads :shock: !

You are right about Jeremy Miller for sure. The junior worked hard in the off season playing AAU ball. He also had a dunk tonight.

I hope you and your family are enjoying the Holiday Season.

Haha, I know WW, not the biggest Farragut fan myself. I can remember us and them having some really good battles in the late 80s early 90s in basketball though. They had some quality teams back then. Thanks a lot buddy, I hope you and yours have a great holiday season as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So far the district looks very tight with several teams all being really close. AC wont be a factor but Karns, Clinton, Oak Ridge, Central, and Powell all seem to be very tight, with Overtime and last second shots deciding pretty much every one of these matchups so far. I think Clinton could be really strong late again, as they have several seniors and great leadership from their Point guard Winchester!

• 5 weeks later...

Clinton beat Central last night in what sounded like a really good game! Fouls were ridiculously lopsided with Clinton having 16 and Central just 6 with just 3 mins left in the game!!!!! Clinton however never gave up and Winchester came thru huge with 30 pts, to win by 6 or 8 I think it was. Im really looking forward to watching the next Clinton VS Oak Ridge game, should be a good one!