District 3-AAA

WillieTheWildcats

On 12/16/2019 at 11:59 AM, CHSALUM1 said:

So far the district looks very tight with several teams all being really close. AC wont be a factor but Karns, Clinton, Oak Ridge, Central, and Powell all seem to be very tight, with Overtime and last second shots deciding pretty much every one of these matchups so far. I think Clinton could be really strong late again, as they have several seniors and great leadership from their Point guard Winchester!

Totally agree on Clinton but feel Oak Ridge and Coach Green have too much talent / depth to be challenged by anyone. Sure, there will be an off night before the regular season is over but just one.

My prediction for this weekend is a solid OR win over Central Friday and on Saturday the State's top team Cleveland goes down to the Mighty Wildcats.

Cross fingers that I don't look like a fool Sunday morning.

On 12/16/2019 at 11:59 AM, CHSALUM1 said:

So far the district looks very tight with several teams all being really close. AC wont be a factor but Karns, Clinton, Oak Ridge, Central, and Powell all seem to be very tight, with Overtime and last second shots deciding pretty much every one of these matchups so far. I think Clinton could be really strong late again, as they have several seniors and great leadership from their Point guard Winchester!

I am going to reserve judgement until after Friday's game at Central.  After playing some poor ball just before Christmas, we have picked up our play.  If we come out with a win at Central, then at the halfway point in District play, we will be 2 games up over Clinton and Karns.  I think the real battle is between the 2nd through 5 place teams.  That is very tight.  I could see all of those teams splitting their games between them.

35 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Good question. I would think not since prepradio on YouTube usually streams away Oak Ridge games.

I will message the Voice of the Wildcats David Clary and ask him your question. I will let you know what he says. David did say last week that this is the best Cleveland team in years. If OR can play solid and not sloppy it will be a great high school game.

Cleveland has yet to put together 4 good quarters of basketball. Saturday could be a wake up call.

1 minute ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Cleveland has yet to put together 4 good quarters of basketball. Saturday could be a wake up call.

Unfortunately, to see the OR vs Cleveland game you will have to be at ORHS. David Clary told me what I already thought. The Wildcat AD will not allow streaming of home games. I guess he wants the biggest home crowd he can get for money reasons. My opinion is that the people who watch the streaming are out of town (like me), have disabilities (like me) or are elderly. 

I am not complaining though. I am just happy for whatever OR sports information I can get. RWR! Be safe to the Cleveland fans coming to the Ridge Saturday.

On 1/16/2020 at 10:18 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Unfortunately, to see the OR vs Cleveland game you will have to be at ORHS. David Clary told me what I already thought. The Wildcat AD will not allow streaming of home games. I guess he wants the biggest home crowd he can get for money reasons. My opinion is that the people who watch the streaming are out of town (like me), have disabilities (like me) or are elderly. 

I am not complaining though. I am just happy for whatever OR sports information I can get. RWR! Be safe to the Cleveland fans coming to the Ridge Saturday.

It was a great game. I’ve seen a lot bigger crowd there though. Maybe the rain kept people away. Cleveland definitely played well all four periods. I’m looking forward to seeing them at Maryville the 6th. #3 is a great basketball player. I sure hope Coach Barnes is looking at him. 

2 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

It was a great game. I’ve seen a lot bigger crowd there though. Maybe the rain kept people away. Cleveland definitely played well all four periods. I’m looking forward to seeing them at Maryville the 6th. #3 is a great basketball player. I sure hope Coach Barnes is looking at him. 

#3, which team?