Lipscomb at CPA

Rastus

field looks great at least at 3 pm when I picked my daughter up/ New drainage pipes under the field redo are working to perfection. River is way up so there was lots of water/// Sickness is not so bad for the Presbyterians this week. If Dilfer tries his 5 minute before game trick it will probably be to his detriment. CPA kids are ready and have a QB who can thrive in the wet. I am now headed to Atlanta for my daughters 13 yo vs 15 yo soccer tournament in Roswell. No pop ups by me and no game comments. Geaux Lions

• Like 1

Don't go to as many CPA games as I used to but still follow them closely. Not a betting man, but I know this - you will be poor real quick betting against CPA. They almost never lose a game they are favored in or that is a tossup. The coaches always find a way to win those games.
With that said, I did go last night and I was so impressed with the Lipscomb support and crowd. I have been going to most of the CPA games since they built their on campus stadium and I have NEVER seen the visitors stands full 45 minutes before gametime with more LA fans coming and many standing on sidelines. CPA had a fair sized crowd but the stands were far from full. LA crowd was louder. Great atmosphere and congrats to LA for a great season and to CPA for a return to Cookeville to defend title. This is NOT the same CPA team ECS beat week 1.

can think of a game a couple years ago the Presbyterians were heavily heavily favored to win in the Semis.....and lost big

booger picked the Presbyterians to play for the gold ball this year when they were 0-4......and they r definately not the same team the evangelicals beat early...but thinkin CPA r still not good nuff to get that win back

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:44 AM, Booger said:

can think of a game a couple years ago the Presbyterians were heavily heavily favored to win in the Semis.....and lost big

booger picked the Presbyterians to play for the gold ball this year when they were 0-4......and they r definately not the same team the evangelicals beat early...but thinkin CPA r still not good nuff to get that win back

Booger just sayin :thumb:

They weren't favored after their Mr. Football candidate and a second star got hurt and wasn't able to play if you are talking about the Notre Dame game.

Now that the dust has settled, do the Lipscomb new crew of backers feel good about their million dollar investment? Semi finals yes, but 7-5 with a schedule that can only be described as weak. Glencilff, Franklin Co., Rossview, Ryan and JP2 are  below .500 teams. Add region foe Goodpasture to  that list also.

The win over Page was a nice signature win for them however.

The question is do they think they can sustain this level of production for  the  $$ amount they  are spending?  Your one and done receiver is gone. Your Gallatin import back does have two more years as long as the rideshare  program continues. Does Dilfer bring in some more out of state contacts that he can hire their daddy as an assistant coach to avoid the  coaching link rule? Guess time  will tell.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

32 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Now that the dust has settled, do the Lipscomb new crew of backers feel good about their million dollar investment? Semi finals yes, but 7-5 with a schedule that can only be described as weak. Glencilff, Franklin Co., Rossview, Ryan and JP2 are  below .500 teams. Add region foe Goodpasture to  that list also.

The win over Page was a nice signature win for them however.

The question is do they think they can sustain this level of production for  the  $$ amount they  are spending?  Your one and done receiver is gone. Your Gallatin import back does have two more years as long as the rideshare  program continues. Does Dilfer bring in some more out of state contacts that he can hire their daddy as an assistant coach to avoid the  coaching link rule? Guess time  will tell.

them Church of Christers dont care bout no signature wins and so called weak schedule......they r believers & all in....thats a big time show that program is puttin on.....have u not seen that travelin carrivan of fans.... they had more people over at the North Brainerd Swamp for the Church of Christ Bowl at the Boyd campus.......than did Baylor have at a home game their loss in the Round 1 at home.... or McCallies did at home for last weeks semi-finals game

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: