Nolensville at Elizabethton

Tab

10 minutes ago, lawnman said:

BVD your videos are the best and I hope we get to meet one day and we have a long way to go to accomplish what the Devils have done over the last decade and this  Cyclones fan wishes the best for the Devils and I know there are more battles a brewing for these two teams.BVD keep up those videos.

Thanks lawnman. I am in a much different spot now on here than i was 10 years ago when i started the vids for GHS. Back then, as a fan in the stands i could say whatever i wanted about whom or whomever i wanted. Now, ten years later, as the vids and the relationship with the GHS program has evolved in to what it has for me, it's really really hard to keep from doing what I've always done, which is voice my opinion about things with no sugar added. So now that  not as vocal and visible on coacht, people assume things, which is part of it i suppose. One thing that will never change for me is my passion for the Devils or my respect for the men and boys who actually coach and play the game. I think often times as fans and parents, we sit in the stands and stand on the sidelines and listen on the radio and watch on tv and think we know more than we actually do. This season was a huge learning curve for me in that department. All that said, i appreciate all im allowed to do as a fan and hope I still give atleast a few people some enjoyment out of what i am able to bring to the "fan table".....again, go get em betsy and best of luck to every young man that plays this sport that gives all of us washed up old men a few weeks of enjoyment every season.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

Thanks lawnman. I am in a much different spot now on here than i was 10 years ago when i started the vids for GHS. Back then, as a fan in the stands i could say whatever i wanted about whom or whomever i wanted. Now, ten years later, as the vids and the relationship with the GHS program has evolved in to what it has for me, it's really really hard to keep from doing what I've always done, which is voice my opinion about things with no sugar added. So now that  not as vocal and visible on coacht, people assume things, which is part of it i suppose. One thing that will never change for me is my passion for the Devils or my respect for the men and boys who actually coach and play the game. I think often times as fans and parents, we sit in the stands and stand on the sidelines and listen on the radio and watch on tv and think we know more than we actually do. This season was a huge learning curve for me in that department. All that said, i appreciate all im allowed to do as a fan and hope I still give atleast a few people some enjoyment out of what i am able to bring to the "fan table".....again, go get em betsy and best of luck to every young man that plays this sport that gives all of us washed up old men a few weeks of enjoyment every season.

Like I said keep it up as long as possible because me and my buds love the job you do.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TicketToRide said:

Most impressive Friday night was Elizabethton taking the ball with 7:43 left in the game and calling running play after running play and driving the ball and running out the clock. 

Elizabethton seems to be peaking at the right time.

I think Elizabethton is peaking at the right time. They are a long way from where they were early in the season. They looked terrible in some pre season scrimmages. I think one reason they have continued to improve is because they are so young. They had to get better. They should be strong for another 3 years at least. I think one thing that has improved more than anything is their line backer play. The Cyclone LB's are players. They are playing so much better this year than in any time in the past several years. #20 is an absolute stud. He gets off blocks better than any high school LB I've seen. I still think an above average passing team would give them fits. Hopefully, we won't see any big time passing teams going forward.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BigPapi said:

I think Elizabethton is peaking at the right time. They are a long way from where they were early in the season. They looked terrible in some pre season scrimmages. I think one reason they have continued to improve is because they are so young. They had to get better. They should be strong for another 3 years at least. I think one thing that has improved more than anything is their line backer play. The Cyclone LB's are players. They are playing so much better this year than in any time in the past several years. #20 is an absolute stud. He gets off blocks better than any high school LB I've seen. I still think an above average passing team would give them fits. Hopefully, we won't see any big time passing teams going forward.

The heartbeat of this team is Rollins and Morton... But they really feed off #10. When he took on bigger G players and knocked them backwards picking up extra yards and first downs you could see the sideline get a shot of adrenalin... Our D line can bring the pressure as evidenced by 4 sacks against Greeneville and winning the line of scrimmage. The Oline gets holes and Maupin runs hard. 

They are molding into a complete team. Witten is a good in-game coach... And the kicking game especially punting showed big... 

They are a complete team. They have to manage their emotions and they certainly can. 

Edited by TicketToRide
  • Like 1

Just a few things for thought as we start 4th round week...... season stats with playoff  

EHS    482 PF.       139 PA

NHS   447 PF.       125 PA

Offensively:

EHS    37 PPG.  Avg

NHS   34 PPG.  Avg

Defensively:

EHS   10 PPG.  Avg

NHS    9 PPG.  Avg

The Cyclones have scored 35 more points over all than the Knights.  However, the Knights have allowed 14 fewer points than the Cyclones.  That’s a 21 point difference on the season. 

Playoffs only:

EHS   117 PF     28 PA

NHS  122 PF     20 PA

Offensively:

EHS 39 PPG avg     

NHS 40 PPG avg

Defensively:

EHS     9 PPG  avg

NHS    6 PPG  avg

If you take the regular season ppg avg total EHS is +4. NHS ppg avg is +4 in the playoffs.  

Just thought this was very interesting..........:popcorneater:

Explanation why no one has heard of Nolensville is they’re a brand new school. I think opened in 2016 and started varsity ball in 2017.  Very well coached team. Their Head Coach was Ravenwood D coordinator when they beat Maryville in the state championship in 2015. They opened to alleviate overcrowding from Ravenwood. Obviously a Williamson county school.