Nolensville at Elizabethton

Tab

27 minutes ago, tnfootball88 said:

Explanation why no one has heard of Nolensville is they’re a brand new school. I think opened in 2016 and started varsity ball in 2017.  Very well coached team. Their Head Coach was Ravenwood D coordinator when they beat Maryville in the state championship in 2015. They opened to alleviate overcrowding from Ravenwood. Obviously a Williamson county school.

My brother lived in Nolensville. You are correct, they carved this "zone" right out of Ravenwood. I think it affected Ravenwood a little bit, but I think they added a grade a year at first and really took their lumps playing with what was technically JV only, the first years. I've got a big "little" cousin at E-Town so I'm pulling for them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

Atta boy Knight! You're gonna have to recruit a few of your fellow Knight friends, family and followers to get on here this week (and maybe next too). 

recruit odd choice of words does any elizabethton players actually live in elizabethton should be called carter county allstars dont think a single skill position has not been recruited witten hudle

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

recruit odd choice of words does any elizabethton players actually live in elizabethton should be called carter county allstars dont think a single skill position has not been recruited witten hudle

Here we go again. Middle Tennessee poor mouthing. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Red Rebels
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

The better county athletes have always left the county schools to play in the city. Long before there was ever a Witten huddle. 

Today, however, they were not playing. Uncle Henry sat upon the doorstep and looked anxiously at the sky, which was even grayer than usual. Dorothy stood in the door with Toto in her arms, and looked at the sky too. Aunt Em was washing the dishes.

From the far north they heard a low wail of the wind, and Uncle Henry and Dorothy could see where the long grass bowed in waves before the coming storm. There now came a sharp whistling in the air from the south, and as they turned their eyes that way they saw ripples in the grass coming from that direction also.

Suddenly Uncle Henry stood up.

“There’s a cyclone coming, Em,” he called to his wife. “I’ll go look after the stock.” Then he ran toward the sheds where the cows and horses were kept.

Aunt Em dropped her work and came to the door. One glance told her of the danger close at hand.

“Quick, Dorothy!” she screamed. “Run for the cellar!”

source.gif

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, lawnman said:

Is there any Nolensville posters on coacht.

I live in Nolensville but my son graduated from Ravenwood In 2014 & the high school is fairly new! I’ve watched one (1) game (since the school is literally a half mile from my deck) & the team is well coached and very disciplined so should be a very good game! Nolensville school was created due to the growth of students at Ravenwood High school and both schools are in the semi-finals of the playoffs! 

1 hour ago, allsportsmatter said:

Yep 95% of our skill guys live in E-Town. And my son is a lineman and was lucky enough to get chosen to play for WH, and also before that the all-star team that was put together by coaches in this county. I’m sick and tired of the whole recruiting B.S. My wife and I decided when our son started 6th grade to move him to TAD. Then it was his decision as to where he wanted to go to High School. If wanted to go back to county where the majority of his closest friends are at,,,or go to the City where we have to pay tuition. It didn’t matter. Cause as parents you want to give you child the best opportunity to be successful. He chose Elizabethton. And has earned every minute of P.T. Our kids wake up ever morning at 5:30 and go workout before school starts. Is it mandatory “NO”. But It has became the culture that sets us apart. And it would have never happened if in 5th grade he was not asked to play in a all-star football team as a LINEMAN at Battle at Rocky Top. Where kids still go today. And one more thing is this, WH Stars is 8th grade only. WH has had kids from Greenville, Chuckey, Boone, Science Hill, Hampton, Johnson County, Unaka, Happy Valley, Unicoi, West Greene, Dobyns-Bennett, Cloudland, you name the school WH has probably worked in some form with them. Why? Because the OWNER RYAN HAS A HEART FOR CHILDREN!!! So before you start shooting off at the mouth about recruiting and whatever else you want to say get your facts right. It’s not these kids fault that UR “little Johnny didn’t get picked” and I guarantee if you would have approached WH and asked if your son (if you have one) could go and compete he would have welcomed with open arms... Oh and another thing, WH is doing a coat drive which is done every year “Warm Up With Witten Huddle” This where members go around the Elizabethton and Carter County Community and give out coats to people in need. Maybe you should Come and see just how many kids go to other schools other than Elizabethton. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, CycloneTough said:

Yep 95% of our skill guys live in E-Town. And my son is a lineman and was lucky enough to get chosen to play for WH, and also before that the all-star team that was put together by coaches in this county. I’m sick and tired of the whole recruiting B.S. My wife and I decided when our son started 6th grade to move him to TAD. Then it was his decision as to where he wanted to go to High School. If wanted to go back to county where the majority of his closest friends are at,,,or go to the City where we have to pay tuition. It didn’t matter. Cause as parents you want to give you child the best opportunity to be successful. He chose Elizabethton. And has earned every minute of P.T. Our kids wake up ever morning at 5:30 and go workout before school starts. Is it mandatory “NO”. But It has became the culture that sets us apart. And it would have never happened if in 5th grade he was not asked to play in a all-star football team as a LINEMAN at Battle at Rocky Top. Where kids still go today. And one more thing is this, WH Stars is 8th grade only. WH has had kids from Greenville, Chuckey, Boone, Science Hill, Hampton, Johnson County, Unaka, Happy Valley, Unicoi, West Greene, Dobyns-Bennett, Cloudland, you name the school WH has probably worked in some form with them. Why? Because the OWNER RYAN HAS A HEART FOR CHILDREN!!! So before you start shooting off at the mouth about recruiting and whatever else you want to say get your facts right. It’s not these kids fault that UR “little Johnny didn’t get picked” and I guarantee if you would have approached WH and asked if your son (if you have one) could go and compete he would have welcomed with open arms... Oh and another thing, WH is doing a coat drive which is done every year “Warm Up With Witten Huddle” This where members go around the Elizabethton and Carter County Community and give out coats to people in need. Maybe you should Come and see just how many kids go to other schools other than Elizabethton. 

Love it!  My parents made that same decision for my older brother and myself to attend Greeneville City Schools when I was 5 years old.  They had no clue I would end up being a 3 year starter for the Devils Football and Baseball team and was academic purposes only. (Both went to county schools and the education and resources are completely different).

There are 5 Greeneville Greene Devils on that Witten Huddle team with my Cousin being one of the QB's along with Maupin who is a Cyclone.  Love what Witten has done for all of NE Tennessee

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1