Nolensville at Elizabethton

Tab

2 hours ago, CycloneTough said:

Yep 95% of our skill guys live in E-Town. And my son is a lineman and was lucky enough to get chosen to play for WH, and also before that the all-star team that was put together by coaches in this county. I’m sick and tired of the whole recruiting B.S. My wife and I decided when our son started 6th grade to move him to TAD. Then it was his decision as to where he wanted to go to High School. If wanted to go back to county where the majority of his closest friends are at,,,or go to the City where we have to pay tuition. It didn’t matter. Cause as parents you want to give you child the best opportunity to be successful. He chose Elizabethton. And has earned every minute of P.T. Our kids wake up ever morning at 5:30 and go workout before school starts. Is it mandatory “NO”. But It has became the culture that sets us apart. And it would have never happened if in 5th grade he was not asked to play in a all-star football team as a LINEMAN at Battle at Rocky Top. Where kids still go today. And one more thing is this, WH Stars is 8th grade only. WH has had kids from Greenville, Chuckey, Boone, Science Hill, Hampton, Johnson County, Unaka, Happy Valley, Unicoi, West Greene, Dobyns-Bennett, Cloudland, you name the school WH has probably worked in some form with them. Why? Because the OWNER RYAN HAS A HEART FOR CHILDREN!!! So before you start shooting off at the mouth about recruiting and whatever else you want to say get your facts right. It’s not these kids fault that UR “little Johnny didn’t get picked” and I guarantee if you would have approached WH and asked if your son (if you have one) could go and compete he would have welcomed with open arms... Oh and another thing, WH is doing a coat drive which is done every year “Warm Up With Witten Huddle” This where members go around the Elizabethton and Carter County Community and give out coats to people in need. Maybe you should Come and see just how many kids go to other schools other than Elizabethton. 

Great post and go Cyclones!!

3 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

RR iz Rocky Fork clost two Rockee Brainch....???........And iz hit steal inn tha old stait ov Franklun....???.....:popcorneater:

Stars I think Rocky Branch was in the State of Franklin since most of Blount County was, but Rocky Fork is close to Mill Creek which is in Will-Co (that's what they used to say on all the WW-II movies on the early show after Alnwick let out). It is right close to Nolenville High School. Now don't get this confused with Stoney Creek, which is where my big "little" cousin lives that plays for E-Town.

5 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Stars I think Rocky Branch was in the State of Franklin since most of Blount County was, but Rocky Fork is close to Mill Creek which is in Will-Co (that's what they used to say on all the WW-II movies on the early show after Alnwick let out). It is right close to Nolenville High School. Now don't get this confused with Stoney Creek, which is where my big "little" cousin lives that plays for E-Town.

Roger WillCoe

21 hours ago, CycloneTough said:

Yep 95% of our skill guys live in E-Town. And my son is a lineman and was lucky enough to get chosen to play for WH, and also before that the all-star team that was put together by coaches in this county. I’m sick and tired of the whole recruiting B.S. My wife and I decided when our son started 6th grade to move him to TAD. Then it was his decision as to where he wanted to go to High School. If wanted to go back to county where the majority of his closest friends are at,,,or go to the City where we have to pay tuition. It didn’t matter. Cause as parents you want to give you child the best opportunity to be successful. He chose Elizabethton. And has earned every minute of P.T. Our kids wake up ever morning at 5:30 and go workout before school starts. Is it mandatory “NO”. But It has became the culture that sets us apart. And it would have never happened if in 5th grade he was not asked to play in a all-star football team as a LINEMAN at Battle at Rocky Top. Where kids still go today. And one more thing is this, WH Stars is 8th grade only. WH has had kids from Greenville, Chuckey, Boone, Science Hill, Hampton, Johnson County, Unaka, Happy Valley, Unicoi, West Greene, Dobyns-Bennett, Cloudland, you name the school WH has probably worked in some form with them. Why? Because the OWNER RYAN HAS A HEART FOR CHILDREN!!! So before you start shooting off at the mouth about recruiting and whatever else you want to say get your facts right. It’s not these kids fault that UR “little Johnny didn’t get picked” and I guarantee if you would have approached WH and asked if your son (if you have one) could go and compete he would have welcomed with open arms... Oh and another thing, WH is doing a coat drive which is done every year “Warm Up With Witten Huddle” This where members go around the Elizabethton and Carter County Community and give out coats to people in need. Maybe you should Come and see just how many kids go to other schools other than Elizabethton. 

I agree Witten Huddle is awesome. Ryan is great with the kids. My son goes and hopefully after Elizabethton wins it all my son will go twice a week this year. He is OL at Cloudland. I really feel if he wanted to go to Elizabethton he could go earn a starting OL spot. He loves Cloudland but we pull for Elizabethton. Personally I think if you have a kid in the county your crazy not to send them to WH if they want to go.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:49 AM, CycloneTough said:

just seems odd that the brother of elizabethton head coach runs an organization that has many of the county kids going to elizabethton happy valley Q.B and lineman unaka reciever and lineman hampton reciever and 2 linemen also players from D.B sulivan east ect most of these would have been the best player on respective teams oh and cloudland russelll boys. not trying to make any one mad but i"m not sure elizabethton could compete with any county team if they didn"t have these county boys and if any county school had all these kids they would win state championship easily.Don"t you agree?

42 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

just seems odd that the brother of elizabethton head coach runs an organization that has many of the county kids going to elizabethton happy valley Q.B and lineman unaka reciever and lineman hampton reciever and 2 linemen also players from D.B sulivan east ect most of these would have been the best player on respective teams oh and cloudland russelll boys. not trying to make any one mad but i"m not sure elizabethton could compete with any county team if they didn"t have these county boys and if any county school had all these kids they would win state championship easily.Don"t you agree?

I agree

3 hours ago, Angelman03 said:

Nolensville 21 Betsy 17.

If your pinnacle in life is seeing Greeneville fans eat crow or lose a football game, then I am afraid you may have a difficult life with that sorry sad jealous attitude.

I’m a South Greene, West Greene, Chuckey Doak, North Greene and Yes, a GREENEVILLE fan too. I am football fan in general!  This week I’m a Betsy Cyclones, Alcoa, Maryville, Greenback, & Meigs fan too. Yea, us Greeneville fans are eating a lot crow right now and yea we know there’s a lot folks out there laughing at us, especially you, but so what!  Yea, its possible we may not make another run for a couple of years, but don’t forget that it is also possible that we might too! I have said a couple of times on here that I don’t like losing to Betsy. It’s true I don’t like losing to Betsy, and I would rather lose to West Greene then lose to Betsy. Betsy right now has beaten the champs back to back this year, and they own us until we can get the next W, but I am not jealous of Betsy; I am happy for them!  I hope they win it all this year, and if they end up beating Greeneville next year and making another run in the playoffs, I’ll pull for them to win it all again if that happens?? Some of us Greeneville fans may be cocky per the words that came out of your mouth, but you should remember this, not all of them are; and those are the words that came out of my mouth!  Oh, and by the way another thing you should remember, us Greeneville fans cocky or not, I can almost guarantee you that probably 99% of us are supporting, pulling for the BETSY CYCLONES to WIN STATE!

If you’re a Greeneville, South Greene, Chuckey Doak, West Greene, North Greene, Sullivan East, Sullivan North, Sullivan South, Tennessee High, Science Hill, Daniel Boone, David Crockett, Unaka, Cloudland, Hampton, Happy Valley, Johnson County, Unicoi County, Dobbins Bennett, Alcoa, Maryville, Greenback, Meigs, Anderson County, Powell, K. West, K. Carter, Gibbs, Oneida, William Blount, Seymour, Sevier County, Morristown East/West, Knox Catholic, Fulton, Austin East, Kingston, Know Halls, K. Central, Farragut, Scott, South Doyle, Clinton, Bearden, Hardin Valley, Sequoyah, Harriman, North View, Cosby, Gatlinburg Pittman, Pigeon Forge, Cocke County, Oak Ridge, Cherokee, Claiborne, Jefferson County, Union County, Grainger, Cumberland Gap FAN or any other school in NET or East Tennessee or maybe not in East Tennessee or even live in this state that I missed that is pulling for the Elizabethton Cyclones from NET to WIN state this years then please get on here and hit that like icon or vote icon or leave a positive comment showing your support.  If you’re not pulling for them, then there’s no harm in that either and we still love ya.  Have a great week everyone, and most of all a safe and blessed Happy Thanksgiving.  

-As always GO South Greene, West Greene, Chuckey Doak, North Greene & Big GREENE!

Good Luck to Nolensville and congrats on a great season this year!  Get your basketball sneakers out :roflolk:.

-And just for now until you meet up with GREENE again next year, GO CYCLONES!

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Thanks 1