Nolensville at Elizabethton

Tab

2 hours ago, Angelman03 said:

Nolensville 21 Betsy 17.

IMO I don’t think Nolensville will hold Betsy to 17 points. They scored 24 (twice) against the back-to-back 4A Champion Greeneville Greene Devils!  And that’s not an easy task to do.  But I’ll agree that Nolensville only gets 21. :thumb:

(no disrespect to the Greene Devils or fans here)

Edited by gr8tplay

2 hours ago, allsportsmatter said:

just seems odd that the brother of elizabethton head coach runs an organization that has many of the county kids going to elizabethton happy valley Q.B and lineman unaka reciever and lineman hampton reciever and 2 linemen also players from D.B sulivan east ect most of these would have been the best player on respective teams oh and cloudland russelll boys. not trying to make any one mad but i"m not sure elizabethton could compete with any county team if they didn"t have these county boys and if any county school had all these kids they would win state championship easily.Don"t you agree?

You're doing a bad job at stirring the pot. Corey Russell came over to EHS for baseball first, football was secondary for him. EHS had a rough stretch sure, back when Happy Valley actually surpassed EHS in enrollment as well as football players transferring over there. Things changed once Witten became coach. People want to play for winners. If you build it, they will come. Most athletes that have a chance of sniffing the next level want to be able to have their best opportunities to be seen, EHS allows that as it is the closest big school in the area. It's a nature of the beast. Athletes from DB and Science Hill get more looks than EHS does on the flip side. Another thing to remember, DB has this issue as well, sometimes the best athletes or solid athletes walking the halls aren't even playing. It could be for a number of factors but there is hidden talent that has potential to be a game changer if motivated enough to go out for the team.  As for difference makers, DB proved it can operate just fine without Cade. Hampton, Cloudland, Happy Valley all made playoffs in their classes as well. Keep in mind this is high school football, it takes more than one solid athlete to carry a team. In College and pros, your main guy gets stuffed you move on to another solid player. Some teams don't have that option if their best player gets stopped. So would having that ONE athlete really make the team that much better overall? 

I always support the local schools but let's be candid for a moment. Say the best player for Unaka stays there and doesn't move to EHS. How much better would it make the team? Let's say Hampton knows Unaka has 1 main player to focus on and they shut him down. Did he make a difference in the outcome? Athletes want to be successful. Ever seen an athlete content with losing or happy with being 4-6 or 6-4 year after year? You can't blame a player for wanting to make the best of their talents and move and you can't blame a player for wanting to stay home and not move. At the end of the day it's the athletes that take the field and the athletes that are looking at moving to the next level or not. Does staying or leaving give them the best shot? 

You see this with lots of big schools and it's the same song and dance. Recruiting isn't nearly as bad as you all act like. Good athletes want to compete and be seen, playing at the bigger schools that are perennial post season teams gives them that opportunity as unfair as it may seem. There is more to life than bragging rights for a team we don't even play on. If an athlete wants to move then we should support them..even if it doesn't line up with our wants. 

5 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

You're doing a bad job at stirring the pot. Corey Russell came over to EHS for baseball first, football was secondary for him. EHS had a rough stretch sure, back when Happy Valley actually surpassed EHS in enrollment as well as football players transferring over there. Things changed once Witten became coach. People want to play for winners. If you build it, they will come. Most athletes that have a chance of sniffing the next level want to be able to have their best opportunities to be seen, EHS allows that as it is the closest big school in the area. It's a nature of the beast. Athletes from DB and Science Hill get more looks than EHS does on the flip side. Another thing to remember, DB has this issue as well, sometimes the best athletes or solid athletes walking the halls aren't even playing. It could be for a number of factors but there is hidden talent that has potential to be a game changer if motivated enough to go out for the team.  As for difference makers, DB proved it can operate just fine without Cade. Hampton, Cloudland, Happy Valley all made playoffs in their classes as well. Keep in mind this is high school football, it takes more than one solid athlete to carry a team. In College and pros, your main guy gets stuffed you move on to another solid player. Some teams don't have that option if their best player gets stopped. So would having that ONE athlete really make the team that much better overall? 

I always support the local schools but let's be candid for a moment. Say the best player for Unaka stays there and doesn't move to EHS. How much better would it make the team? Let's say Hampton knows Unaka has 1 main player to focus on and they shut him down. Did he make a difference in the outcome? Athletes want to be successful. Ever seen an athlete content with losing or happy with being 4-6 or 6-4 year after year? You can't blame a player for wanting to make the best of their talents and move and you can't blame a player for wanting to stay home and not move. At the end of the day it's the athletes that take the field and the athletes that are looking at moving to the next level or not. Does staying or leaving give them the best shot? 

You see this with lots of big schools and it's the same song and dance. Recruiting isn't nearly as bad as you all act like. Good athletes want to compete and be seen, playing at the bigger schools that are perennial post season teams gives them that opportunity as unfair as it may seem. There is more to life than bragging rights for a team we don't even play on. If an athlete wants to move then we should support them..even if it doesn't line up with our wants. 

Wow what a book. No body got time to read that! Nolansville's going to take care of business!

3 hours ago, allsportsmatter said:

just seems odd that the brother of elizabethton head coach runs an organization that has many of the county kids going to elizabethton happy valley Q.B and lineman unaka reciever and lineman hampton reciever and 2 linemen also players from D.B sulivan east ect most of these would have been the best player on respective teams oh and cloudland russelll boys. not trying to make any one mad but i"m not sure elizabethton could compete with any county team if they didn"t have these county boys and if any county school had all these kids they would win state championship easily.Don"t you agree?

30 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Since there's not much talk from Nolensville, figured I'd chime in on this...

If Parker Hughes and Colby Garland stays at Hampton; Hampton plays at even a higher level this season in 2A 

Rollins stays at HV; HV is a different team

One player may not make a big difference in 4A-6A programs but can make a huge difference in 1A-2A...Take those 3 players from Eliz and Elizabethton is most likely not the same team, on either side of the ball...But then again, who knows what caliber of player would've filled those positions at Eliz had those three stayed in the county! With that being said, can't blame a kid if he wants to go to Eliz for more exposure in the sport he/she excels in; can't blame a parent for wanting, what they consider, is best for their child. I have long time friends with kids that play at Eliz; My kids have close friends that moved there to play....It is what it is. Most don't lose much sleep over it.

As many of you posters know, I'm not what you'd call an E-town hater...Some of those "better-than-thou because thou art from a county school" attitudes turn me sour at times but attitudes can be found everywhere I reckon. But if I benefited from county players and coaches that came from county schools, I might not have such an attitude towards others from the same county I was in....Heck, I see women in their PJ's walking their kids to class at every school I pass; county and city; Carter and Washington :roflol::roflol:

All of mine have stayed put and probably did not get nor will receive the exposure they may have gotten at Elizabethton; but it was their call...That and I like the atmosphere of small-town football and basketball; it gets a lil "red" as lawnman and that Milhorn man knows...Kinda partial to our coaches here too :thumb:

I've only been in Nolensville a few years now but the area is growing like crazy.  Last year was the first full graduating class so this is only the 2nd or 3rd year as a full varsity team.  Here's a little blurb in the Tennessean about the town: https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/06/01/nolensville-boom-how-williamson-county-town-has-grown/620971002/

The football team has a few guys that will be playing in college next year.  Tim Coutras is the most well known.  I believe he's going to Liberty but I think I saw where he got an offer from Mizzou recently.  CJ Ware is committed to Miami (OH) and is a really solid player.  Most of the linemen are Seniors if I remember correctly.  My son is still in elementary school so we haven't paid a ton of attention yet other then taking him to a few games.  

24 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

If Parker Hughes and Colby Garland stays at Hampton; Hampton plays at even a higher level this season in 2A 

One player may not make a big difference in 4A-6A programs but can make a huge difference in 1A-2A...Take those 3 players from Eliz and Elizabethton is most likely not the same team, on either side of the ball...But then again, who knows what caliber of player would've filled those positions at Eliz had those three stayed in the county! With that being said, can't blame a kid if he wants to go to Eliz for more exposure in the sport he/she excels in; can't blame a parent for wanting, what they consider, is best for their child. I have long time friends with kids that play at Eliz; My kids have close friends that moved there to play....It is what it is. Most don't lose much sleep over it.

As many of you posters know, I'm not what you'd call an E-town hater...Some of those "better-than-thou because thou art from a county school" attitudes turn me sour at times but attitudes can be found everywhere I reckon. But if I benefited from county players and coaches that came from county schools, I might not have such an attitude towards others from the same county I was in....Heck, I see women in their PJ's walking their kids to class at every school I pass; county and city; Carter and Washington :roflol::roflol:

All of mine have stayed put and probably did not get nor will receive the exposure they may have gotten at Elizabethton; but it was their call...That and I like the atmosphere of small-town football and basketball; it gets a lil "red" as lawnman and that Milhorn man knows...Kinda partial to our coaches here too :thumb:

Well said. People seem to forget at the end of the day it's down to the kid or the parents who make these calls. A coach can "recruit" all they want but if the kid or parents don't want to move then they will not. And there is NOTHING wrong with that. 

2 hours ago, NolensvilleVol said:

I've only been in Nolensville a few years now but the area is growing like crazy.  Last year was the first full graduating class so this is only the 2nd or 3rd year as a full varsity team.  Here's a little blurb in the Tennessean about the town: https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/06/01/nolensville-boom-how-williamson-county-town-has-grown/620971002/

The football team has a few guys that will be playing in college next year.  Tim Coutras is the most well known.  I believe he's going to Liberty but I think I saw where he got an offer from Mizzou recently.  CJ Ware is committed to Miami (OH) and is a really solid player.  Most of the linemen are Seniors if I remember correctly.  My son is still in elementary school so we haven't paid a ton of attention yet other then taking him to a few games.  

Not going to be long until Nolensville is 5A or even 6A

3 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Uknoit nothing wrong with a little “red” and Milhorn might be a little more “red” than you and we discussed this last week in Illinois and it is what it is and I have talked to these  young men and they said it was there decision to go to Betsy.

Edited by lawnman

1 hour ago, lawnman said:

Uknoit nothing wrong with a little “red” and Milhorn might be a little more “red” than you and we discussed this last week in Illinois and it is what it is and I have talked to these  young men and they said it was there decision to go to Betsy.

Ahhhh I don't know about him even being the same shade of "red" as me....tell him I said he was a dark pink :roflolk:

No doubt, they weren't pushed to go there and play. We'll survive