Trousdale at Meigs: The Rematch to go to Cookeville

Cam615

I’ve noticed something. Anytime the word “defense” is typed in a post, TC posters feel obligated to quote the post with something like “TC defense aint nothin like you’ve played before!” OR “That #19 y’all got is a nice player but wait til (insert player’s number from TC) sticks him one good time!”

Edited by TigerGoat

2 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

I’ve noticed something. Anytime the word “defense” is typed in a post, TC posters feel obligated to quote the post with something like “TC defense aint nothin like you’ve played before!” OR “That #19 y’all got is a nice player but wait til (insert player’s number from TC) sticks him one good time!”

That’s just how they are dude. Youll get used to it.

32 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I think it’s interesting that Bledsoe scorecard 21 on Watertown and TC only scored 22. It could be that Watertown made some mistakes vs Bledsoe, I know it doesn’t really mean anything, just interesting.

It was 28-7 at the start of the third. The difference between this years H2O team and last is that this one tended to let off the gas and or play down to their competition ( no offense to BC)

Last years team on the other hand didn’t care who they were playing... it was hammer down and score as much as possible.

I say this because I wouldn’t look into comparing H2O’s scores vs one team or the other. The H2O team that played TC last night wouldn’t of allowed Bledsoe to get back into the game and IMO wouldn’t of gave up a score.

I still think Meigs will win and to be honest I think they probably would of beat H2O. I would say that this game will be a two score victory for MC, but you must stop the dive / trap or TC will slow this game down and come out with the victory.

* 19 and the rest of your athletes do you no good if they limit the touches he gets on offense.*

• Upvote 1

TCs gameplan no doubt will be to play keep away from Meigs. #19 is the real deal. If they can mimic what they did to Tyner, then TC will be in good shape but Tyners QB was only a semi finalist for Mr. Football, not the defending winner. It’s a tall mountain they they must climb but one that’s been done before. 

Fridays game will be the 18th time Trousdale Co. has played in the Semis! This one will no doubt be a battle. I can only wish for a game like the one against @pujos boys back in ‘05. Won’t happen but a 35-0 victory would be nice. Sorry to bring up those memories bud. I still remember it like yesterday and I know these kids will too, especially the seniors. 

30 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

It was 28-7 at the start of the third. The difference between this years H2O team and last is that this one tended to let off the gas and or play down to their competition ( no offense to BC)

Last years team on the other hand didn’t care who they were playing... it was hammer down and score as much as possible.

I say this because I wouldn’t look into comparing H2O’s scores vs one team or the other. The H2O team that played TC last night wouldn’t of allowed Bledsoe to get back into the game and IMO wouldn’t of gave up a score.

I still think Meigs will win and to be honest I think they probably would of beat H2O. I would say that this game will be a two score victory for MC, but you must stop the dive / trap or TC will slow this game down and come out with the victory.

* 19 and the rest of your athletes do you no good if they limit the touches he gets on offense.*

Long time consuming drives! TC will 4 and 5 yard Meigs to death and eventually hit a few big ones while controlling the clock. TC will have more speed than Meigs IMO. #19 is a tough task for TC, but one that TC is willing to take on. Is it Friday yet????? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Crazy that it took 13 pages worth of comments for someone to make the statement “the best way to slow down a potent offense is to keep them on the sideline” 

I look for Coach Satt and the Jackets to 3 and 4 yard the Meigs D down they field and limit the time that “high speed chicken feed” Meigs offense gets the ball. 

H2O did a good job of stopping the TC run up the middle but the big plays on the edge by #2 and #11 were the difference. In the many years that TC has been played host and travelled to the teams from the East, speed has been a major factor in the game. TC can punish you with power and speed. 

Edited by jacketpharmer

6 hours ago, JohnDutton said:

..BUT we don’t give up family time and practice on Thanksgiving to lose! Buckle Up! Friday can’t get here soon enough! 

Im Meigs all the way but love this type of quote!  Everyone should read this.. it should be posted in every school, principals office and board of education. It should be posted in every court house/ mayors office. These kids and coaches give up family time to play the game they love and for you. Don’t they deserve a full house and cheering fans?  Don’t they deserve you to be there when they play EVERY game. Because they play for the name of their school/ community or hometown and NOT for the name on the back of their jersey. 

• Like 1

The run game you stopped last year from Meigs County doesn't compare to what we have this year. Not to mention the fact we have a 1000 yard rusher that compliments the nearly  2000 yard rusher that our qb is. I know y'all have a great run defense. I'll be curious to see who's on top at halftime given the strong suits of our teams.