Trousdale at Meigs: The Rematch to go to Cookeville

Cam615

26 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I see that Meigs is favored by Sonny, Massey, and Cal Preps... Was Meigs favored in last years game as well? Is Trousdale as good defensively as last year? Also, has Meigs improved from last season to get over the hump of the semis? As long as Trenton Peabody wins, I think it would be great to see Peabody's Mr. Football finalist at QB, Cooper Baugus against Meigs finalist QB, Aaron Swafford. Would definitely make for a good story line. I know Trousdale is a physical and tough football team so its a feat within itself to line up against them. 

The Goat sez: This isn’t the NBA. Teams don’t just get to advance because it makes a good story line.

Mancoverage sez: Lebron is the GOAT.

The Goat: My Christian name is Michael.

1 hour ago, mancoverage said:

The Goat sez: This isn’t the NBA. Teams don’t just get to advance because it makes a good story line.

Mancoverage sez: Lebron is the GOAT.

The Goat: My Christian name is Michael J.

Lebron is GOAT... greatest of all talk.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I see that Meigs is favored by Sonny, Massey, and Cal Preps... Was Meigs favored in last years game as well? Is Trousdale as good defensively as last year? Also, has Meigs improved from last season to get over the hump of the semis? As long as Trenton Peabody wins, I think it would be great to see Peabody's Mr. Football finalist at QB, Cooper Baugus against Meigs finalist QB, Aaron Swafford. Would definitely make for a good story line. I know Trousdale is a physical and tough football team so its a feat within itself to line up against them. 

TC defense is better this year. The secondary has made major improvements with their play throughout the season. The front 7 this year is better and has a very good pass rush.

4 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Biggest question is can Swafford get help? The WRs have to catch the ball and the passing game has to be clicking. TC won’t let him beat em with just his legs.  I’m just keeping it real

I think your right. We have a multitude of wide recievers back and healthy that we didnt have midseason. It really showed during the South Pittsburg game and really hurt us the Oneida game as well the first time we played them. Wont be an issue this game.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 minute ago, RTD said:

TC defense is better this year. The secondary has made major improvements with their play throughout the season. The front 7 this year is better and has a very good pass rush.

What about offensively? I know you guys struggled against Peabody because of injuries that you had to deal with but is there improvement in this years offense vs last years?

8 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I think your right. We have a multitude of wide recievers back and healthy that we didnt have midseason. It really showed during the South Pittsburg game and really hurt us the Oneida game as well the first time we played them. Wont be an issue this game.

Gotta make the plays when they are there to beat a team like TC. That’s the difference in winning or losing. The windows or opportunity shut fast in games like this. I came down to the SP game. Y’all had chances but couldn’t make plays down the field when opportunity was there. Thought y’alls line play got worn down too late in that game. Not sure if TC is as deep as SP on line but I guarantee you they will get after them every bit as much as cornbread did. I’m just keeping it real 

Edited by TyroneBiggums

10 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

What about offensively? I know you guys struggled against Peabody because of injuries that you had to deal with but is there improvement in this years offense vs last years?

Last year we had a very dynamic player in Baines that everything ran through. If he was clicking, the offense was clicking. As you stated though, this game last year took a huge toll on he and Rankins and really limited what the offense did last year. This years offense goes back to what TC has traditionally done in the past, Wing T running vs the Multiple Offense they ran last. When Wag left and BSatt took the reins he changed a couple of things. Improvements from last year, hard to tell being that it's different but number wise, last yr TC averaged 30 ppg (Points Per Game) this year they are at 35 ppg. Defensively, TC has gone from 11.3 ppg last year to 6.8 ppg this year. 

Meigs Co. Numbers for comparison, Offense 39.8 ppg last to 43.4 ppg this year & Defensively 7.9 ppg last to 8.6 ppg this year.

6 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Gotta make the plays when they are there to beat a team like TC. That’s the difference in winning or losing. The windows or opportunity shut fast in games like this. I came down to the SP game. Y’all had chances but couldn’t make plays down the field when opportunity was there. Thought y’alls line play got worn down too late in that game. Not sure if TC is as deep as SP on line but I guarantee you they will get after them every bit as much as cornbread did. I’m just keeping it real 

Like you're take on these Games Tyrone, think you are spot on in all you're comments on both games.

3 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Last year we had a very dynamic player in Baines that everything ran through. If he was clicking, the offense was clicking. As you stated though, this game last year took a huge toll on he and Rankins and really limited what the offense did last year. This years offense goes back to what TC has traditionally done in the past, Wing T running vs the Multiple Offense they ran last. When Wag left and BSatt took the reins he changed a couple of things. Improvements from last year, hard to tell being that it's different but number wise, last yr TC averaged 30 ppg (Points Per Game) this year they are at 35 ppg. Defensively, TC has gone from 11.3 ppg last year to 6.8 ppg this year. 

Meigs Co. Numbers for comparison, Offense 39.8 ppg last to 43.4 ppg this year & Defensively 7.9 ppg last to 8.6 ppg this year.

Considering our schedule was harder this year our numbers are pretty good.

15 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

TC only plays 11 people. + a kicker. not deep. only 3 on the sideline. all the others are jr. high kids dressed out. 

17 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

We only throw really when we need too. Last year we needed to throw in this game to spread their defense out some. I'd say this year wont be much different.