Trousdale at Meigs: The Rematch to go to Cookeville

Cam615

3 minutes ago, thelawking said:

Been looking around and talking to friends in Middle TN, this will be a good one, but with travel and the Meigs running attack, this one goes to the Tigers.  One step further.

Old Pirate says SP folkes know all too well the Creekbank is a tough place. The Jacket stingers are a HEEP more painful there! 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

5 minutes ago, thelawking said:

Been looking around and talking to friends in Middle TN, this will be a good one, but with travel and the Meigs running attack, this one goes to the Tigers.  One step further.

They ain’t going to be able to run the ball on TC without a passing attack. I believe TC will win the game If Meigs isn’t able to throw the ball to keep TC’s linebackers honest and that is a fact.

Fortunately for Meigs I believe they will be able to throw the ball enough to keep TC honest and win the game! 

Edited by H2Oman

I believe Meigs will do more than keep them honest with the passing game. Swafford put about 250 on them in the air last year and he Is more than capable of passing that. He has several solid options to throw to.

I would bet that running attack of Meigs will be a lot more difficult to stop this time around also. Last year Meigs only yards from the run game came from Swafford and they were well earned against a stout TC defense. 

Meigs has a great second option in Meadows who has been solid averaging around a 100 a game the last couple with several td's. They also have number 4 and 9 to help carry the load also. 

8 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I believe Meigs will do more than keep them honest with the passing game. Swafford put about 250 on them in the air last year and he Is more than capable of passing that. He has several solid options to throw to.

I would bet that running attack of Meigs will be a lot more difficult to stop this time around also. Last year Meigs only yards from the run game came from Swafford and they were well earned against a stout TC defense. 

Meigs has a great second option in Meadows who has been solid averaging around a 100 a game the last couple with several td's. They also have number 4 and 9 to help carry the load also. 

That's last year TC defense you will not run the ball on TC. If that Meigs focus is trying to pound the rock then TC will be playing next Friday. Meigs won't have a choice but to pass the ball. Also, you want to to have a 100-yard rusher besides from maybe Swafford. This TC team has a different coach and a better secondary yea Swafford had 250 last year long with a pick 6 and how many interceptions tell the whole story not just half of it he threw 2-3 interceptions against TC #23 had a field day a giant Swafford last year.

26 minutes ago, RTD said:

That's last year TC defense you will not run the ball on TC. If that Meigs focus is trying to pound the rock then TC will be playing next Friday. Meigs won't have a choice but to pass the ball. Also, you want to to have a 100-yard rusher besides from maybe Swafford. This TC team has a different coach and a better secondary yea Swafford had 250 last year long with a pick 6 and how many interceptions tell the whole story not just half of it he threw 2-3 interceptions against TC #23 had a field day a giant Swafford last year.

I hope TC is playing next Friday!! Because the 2A championship is on Saturday. Meigs wants to be plahing next Saturday!!

40 minutes ago, RTD said:

Score was 32 to 29 and we had a chance to take it in from within 5 but your guys stood strong and held us. It would have been nice to have a kicker.

He had 2 interceptions and one hit our receiver in hands and bounced away and that little 21 I think it was made a great diving catch to scoop it up either right before at right when it hit the ground. 

What I am saying is Swafford has more help this year on offense and defense.

It was also cold and raining most of the game.

Edited by Tiger2

What is all this Goat Schaino? Has this turned into a livestock sale? And looks like Mr. Dutton going to be leading then vulgar chants from the sidelines! Buddy some advice, they got some dude up there that roams the forest at night trying to police everyone, even his own kind, he’s the hairy type! May want to stay away from him or offer him a drink from one of his cups.

i believe ole fairweather gonna side with the Jackets in this one. They a smaller breed than tigers so probably an underdog plus their wee wings will be tired from flying that far. But I’m thinking they will swarm and pack a punch with their sting.  On top of that I’m more of a traditional igloo man myself! Yeti is just too pricey. 
btw what does RTD short for? Please tell me it’s Ricky Touch Down! 

2 hours ago, H2Oman said:

They ain’t going to be able to run the ball on TC without a passing attack. I believe TC will win the game If Meigs isn’t able to throw the ball to keep TC’s linebackers honest and that is a fact.

Fortunately for Meigs I believe they will be able to throw the ball enough to keep TC honest and win the game! 

I will have to disagree with you on that one. Oneida has one of the best defenses in 2A. And Meigs ran the ball just fine. Meigs has some really good linemen, they will 5 yard you to death, and then Swafford will brake a big one. I think people will be surprised we they see Meigs run game.