3a Semifinal: Covington at Pearl Cohn

00Chargers

26 minutes ago, Charger Girl said:

ChargerFan, will you be in Nashville or at the Tiger Football game

This was a tough decision. My Memphis Tigers are two wins away from a historic first-ever trip to the Cotton Bowl. My Chargers can book another trip to Cookeville if they can win tomorrow night vs. PC.

I have chosen to take the short drive to the Liberty Bowl to see #17 Memphis vs #18 Cincinnati. It's a game of historic impact.

i will listen to the Chargers on the radio and pull for them to win without me.

17 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

This was a tough decision. My Memphis Tigers are two wins away from a historic first-ever trip to the Cotton Bowl. My Chargers can book another trip to Cookeville if they can win tomorrow night vs. PC.

I have chosen to take the short drive to the Liberty Bowl to see #17 Memphis vs #18 Cincinnati. It's a game of historic impact.

i will listen to the Chargers on the radio and pull for them to win without me.

I made the same decision. Our tigers have had some rough years! Tomorrow is a great moment for us. Go tigers and go chargers!

After watching some PC verse GC & N East, I'm going Covington. I think Covington is a better football team. Will not be surprised if 28-0 or so though more like 28-14. PC will win pre game but game itself Cov going to Cookeville. I like the PC announcer but don't expect to hear Pearl Cohn in the End Zone much Friday night.

Here's an interesting question for you PC fans. How far is it from PC to Glenclif, and how will that extra distance affect attendance by your fans? Would you expect half the crowd that you would get at home, or what? Y'all's attendance at road games this season might give us some idea.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

52 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Here's an interesting question for you PC fans. How far is it from PC to Glenclif, and how will that extra distance affect attendance by your fans? Would you expect half the crowd that you would get at home, or what? Y'all's attendance at road games this season might give us some idea.

15min, and it'll still be packed as if it was still at PC.

1 hour ago, wolfchase said:

After watching some PC verse GC & N East, I'm going Covington. I think Covington is a better football team. Will not be surprised if 28-0 or so though more like 28-14. PC will win pre game but game itself Cov going to Cookeville. I like the PC announcer but don't expect to hear Pearl Cohn in the End Zone much Friday night.

:lol::lol: yeah ok!!!

2 hours ago, wolfchase said:

Pearl-Cohn will win the game decisively.  Covington is not going to beat them running dive all night.  They may fool them and hit some passes in the secondary.  A few years ago they had major success throwing wheel routes into the boundary off of belly action.  I'm sure they'll go back to that this time around.  I'm also sure they saw that Giles had success throwing the deep drag away from jet sweep action and they'll give that a try as well.  They are not going to beat PC running midline & inside veer out of flexbone stuff.  

Here's a write-up from the Daily Memphian:

Class 3A

Matchup: Covington (11-2) vs. Nashville Pearl Cohn (13-0) at Glencliff High

How they got here: Covington defeated Melrose, 48-6; defeated South Gibson, 14-10; defeated Wooddale, 27-0; Pearl Cohn defeated Stewart County, 42-0; defeated East Nashville, 28-19; defeated Giles County, 28-21

What’s next: The winner will face either Alcoa (13-0) or Loudon (13-0) for the state championship on Dec. 6 at 3 p.m. in Cookeville

The rundown: The Chargers are one victory away from their third consecutive trip to Cookeville and like they did in 2017, they’ll have to get past a very good Firebirds team. If they play like they did against Wooddale in the quarters, they have a good chance. Covington held the Cardinals to just 94 yards on the ground while hounding standout quarterback John Jones into a 9-for-31 passing game. Josh McGarity intercepted a pass, giving Covington 18 picks on the season, while Caleb Winfrey recovered a fumble. Offensively, Covington ran for 230 yards and was able to keep Wooddale’s playmakers off the field, most notably on an 85-yard drive in the second quarter. Pearl Cohn will face a similar challenge in terms of skill players; quarterback Martino Owens has thrown for 1,929 yards (completing 66.5% of his passes) for 25 touchdowns against only four picks. He has two terrific targets in senior Cedric Watkins (11 touchdown grabs) and sophomore Barion Brown (10). The game has been moved to Glencliff High in Nashville due to poor field conditions at Pearl Cohn. 

Edited by CHARGERFAN

For the poster who was asking about live streaming of this game, I found this on the TSSAA website:

NFHS Network Games

The NFHS Network will be bringing numerous games to fans that are unable to attend games in person via their live video streaming platform. With an NFHS Network subscription you can watch any and all games for one low monthly or annual fee. You can click here to find your game on the Network. The games on the Network this Friday are:

Oakland @ Maryville
Houston @ Ravenwood
Knoxville West @ Knoxville Central
Nolensville @ Elizabethton
Loudon @ Alcoa
Dyer County @ Summit

All NFHS Network events are available to watch online at NFHSnetwork.com and through the NFHS Network Live App for iOS and Android.

So apparently, the Covington - Pearl-Cohn game will not appear.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Nashville ain't that big man lol. We still in Nashville. 15mins is not alot with our traffic. Its basically a trip to the movies.