Haywood County at Springfield

JacketLover

8 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Actually, the TSSAA gets the first 50% of the gate. Officials and other expenses are then paid. After that the remainder of the gate is split 50% each between both schools

You are correct sir.  Thanks for pointing out my gaffe.  I will rephrase my comment.  After the TSSAA gets there financial cut there is very little Left to contribute to the schools coffers 

15 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Actually, the TSSAA gets the first 50% of the gate. Officials and other expenses are then paid. After that the remainder of the gate is split 50% each between both schools

3 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

You are correct sir.  Thanks for pointing out my gaffe.  I will rephrase my comment.  After the TSSAA gets there financial cut there is very little Left to contribute to the schools coffers 

I don’t hate the TSSAA either.  We have to find our governing body some way

49 minutes ago, TicketToRide said:

I see you already have your excuse. 

I'm not sure who is going to win but Elizabethton will be a tough out. They have few holes and Witten is a great in-game coach. 

No excuses what so ever, we will come ready to play and give it all we got, we have a pretty darn good coach as well, should be fun!

9 hours ago, TicketToRide said:

I see you already have your excuse. 

I'm not sure who is going to win but Elizabethton will be a tough out. They have few holes and Witten is a great in-game coach. 

Not an excuse, just facts. Our team will line up on Saturday and do their best to execute the gameplan that our coaching staff has installed. They will come ready to play for 4 quarters. I'll say this Betsy, don't let us hang around.

Edited by FargoStrut
Spelling

23 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

Not an excuse, just facts. Our team will line up on Saturday and do their best to execute the gameplan that our coaching staff has installed. They will come ready to play for 4 quarters. I'll say this Betsy, don't let us hang around.

The facts are Elizabethton plays within the rules just as Springfield. The facts are many HS teams bring in players from within their county borders. They pay tuition. Many of those teams will play this weekend. I don't hear any coaches using your excuse. 

Again, I don't know who wins. I'm pulling for Elizabethton... The facts are getting to this game is very difficult and Springfield has an advantage of being here before. If they win, that will not be the excuse. They were the better team. 

26 minutes ago, TicketToRide said:

The facts are Elizabethton plays within the rules just as Springfield. The facts are many HS teams bring in players from within their county borders. They pay tuition. Many of those teams will play this weekend. I don't hear any coaches using your excuse. 

Again, I don't know who wins. I'm pulling for Elizabethton... The facts are getting to this game is very difficult and Springfield has an advantage of being here before. If they win, that will not be the excuse. They were the better team. 

There no excuses...period

9 minutes ago, TicketToRide said:

Betsy plays within the rules of their county (open zone) and Springfield plays within the rules of their county (closed zone). Are these anywhere close to equal? Not even close! Yes, a county kid in Carter Co can pay $300 and go to the school of his choice (what parent of a good athlete couldn't come up with $300 for their kid to be on a good team). Yes, you're correct, several teams playing this weekend will be open zoned schools and a few aren't (which to me makes their run that much more impressive).

Most good coaches aren't on the T during the week, they are breaking down film and installing a gameplan for the next opponent. The so-called advantage of being here before was two yrs ago. This is a totally different team. This teams seniors were sophomores who probably didnt contribute very much that season. That being said, I like your teams advantage over my teams "advantage". I just hope the Jackets can keep it close next Saturday. If we keep it close and can stay within a score or 2, I like our chances. Go Jackets!!!

• Like 1