Haywood County at Springfield

JacketLover

13 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

Betsy plays within the rules of their county (open zone) and Springfield plays within the rules of their county (closed zone). Are these anywhere close to equal? Not even close! Yes, a county kid in Carter Co can pay $300 and go to the school of his choice (what parent of a good athlete couldn't come up with $300 for their kid to be on a good team). Yes, you're correct, several teams playing this weekend will be open zoned schools and a few aren't (which to me makes their run that much more impressive).

Most good coaches aren't on the T during the week, they are breaking down film and installing a gameplan for the next opponent. The so-called advantage of being here before was two yrs ago. This is a totally different team. This teams seniors were sophomores who probably didnt contribute very much that season. That being said, I like your teams advantage over my teams "advantage". I just hope the Jackets can keep it close next Saturday. If we keep it close and can stay within a score or 2, I like our chances. Go Jackets!!!

I'm not taking sides in this "issue", but it exasperates me that few people actually understand the mechanics of open/closed zoning.

1. First and foremost, ALL schools are open zone schools unless restricted by their OWN governing body.

2. TSSAA is absolutely and unconditionally unconcerned with zoning, other than their universal template regarding radius and transfers.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I'm not taking sides in this "issue", but it exasperates me that few people actually understand the mechanics of open/closed zoning.

1. First and foremost, ALL schools are open zone schools unless restricted by their OWN governing body.

2. TSSAA is absolutely and unconditionally unconcerned with zoning, other than their universal template regarding radius and transfers.

The Robertson County school is very very strict when it comes to transfers.  

it is a shame that the “open/close enrollment” has taken over this thread rather than the discussion of the game. 

17 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

The Robertson County school is very very strict when it comes to transfers.  

it is a shame that the “open/close enrollment” has taken over this thread rather than the discussion of the game. 

THIS!...it appears that is all our title game thread is going to be as well, if that is the case I am just going to ignore it.....

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

Hey Tomcatfan, is number 38 the RB any relation to DeCourtney Reed. I’m rewatching y’all’s broadcast abs heard his last name was Reed also. 

Yes that’s his brother. There is another coming up he’ll be a sophmore running back. He’s the big lil brother. He’s bout 6’1 200 even he’ll get time at tailback next year. He’ll be apart of the 3 headed monster we’ll have in #7, #25, and #21

4 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Yes that’s his brother. There is another coming up he’ll be a sophmore running back. He’s the big lil brother. He’s bout 6’1 200 even he’ll get time at tailback next year. He’ll be apart of the 3 headed monster we’ll have in #7, #25, and #21

Maybe your coaches will use them more. They gotta a little pass happy last night and away from the run that was working, especially to the right side of our defense. I thought they should’ve used the TE Douglas a lot more too. 

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

Maybe your coaches will use them more. They gotta a little pass happy last night and away from the run that was working, especially to the right side of our defense. I thought they should’ve used the TE Douglas a lot more too. 

Yeah he’ll learn from it #25 is just a sophmore he’s gonna be great