Redneck Buried-ville thread (Okelund-Mairvul)

STARSNBARS

I don’t know for sure who the Oompa Loompa or VP reference is for but I will say this... this is one of the best MARYVILLE teams that I’ve seen in 15 yrs. No they aren’t professionals and they do make mistakes form time to time but what they don’t do is dwell on them like some on here do.  I’ll probably take offense to those comments as I do have 2 kids on the team ( neither are starters) but yes I do support these coaches and these kids and have been recently accused of worshipping them like gods lol but no it’s just called supporting the program for the sake of the program and not airing dirty laundry or other BS and I’m didn’t even go to MARYVILLE.  Truth is these 2 teams are 2 of the best in the state and we should all be proud of them. Sometimes people just can’t get over getting their butt hurt and it does change the way they view things.   Yes we have made mistakes but we ride into this game with a 13-0 record just the same. Seems like maybe our inferior team may have learned something from those mistakes.     Oompa Loompas and all

Edited by GREYRIDERx
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

I don’t know for sure who the Oompa Loompa or VP reference is for but I will say this... this is one of the best MARYVILLE teams that I’ve seen in 15 yrs. No they aren’t professionals and they do make mistakes form time to time but what they don’t do is dwell on them like some on here do.  I’ll probably take offense to those comments as I do have 2 kids on the team ( neither are starters) but yes I do support these coaches and these kids and have been recently accused of worshipping them like gods lol but no it’s just called supporting the program for the sake of the program and not airing dirty laundry or other BS and I’m didn’t even go to MARYVILLE.  Truth is these 2 teams are 2 of the best in the state and we should all be proud of them. Sometimes people just can’t get over getting their butt hurt and it does change the way they view things.   Yes we have made mistakes but we ride into this game with a 13-0 record just the same. Seems like maybe our inferior team may have learned something from those mistakes.     Oompa Loompas and all

I get accused of being unrealistic, overly enthusiastic  and  too supportive of our team as well. Its probably true. I'd much rather have parents and communities over the top with their support for their teams, coaches and kids than to have them too far the other direction.

Nothing wrong with some constructive criticism of adults in charge if its warranted, but coaching is a tough gig. I'm not bashing anyone that isn't as supportive as I am of my sons team or the coaches, but I would offer that they should see it from their perspective first and look at the larger picture.

I agree this is a VERY good murvil team. I can’t keep my yrs straight so I won’t say they are better than others, but they are very good. I’m sure the pats are as well. 
Who can play better for a couple of hours Friday night? We will see. Murvil don’t get the opportunity to play with a chip on their shoulder very often, so this game will be a can’t miss.

8 minutes ago, strongx said:

I agree this is a VERY good murvil team. I can’t keep my yrs straight so I won’t say they are better than others, but they are very good. I’m sure the pats are as well. 
Who can play better for a couple of hours Friday night? We will see. Murvil don’t get the opportunity to play with a chip on their shoulder very often, so this game will be a can’t miss.

I agree. I would imagine the biggest crowd of the year (if the rain holds off)

35 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

I agree. I would imagine the biggest crowd of the year (if the rain holds off)

It would be SRO if not for the other 3 semifinal games within 20 minutes. Like a few HS stadiums it’s a great place when full. This may be one of those atmosphere games. I guess it always is at this point.

Lordy.

There's decisions/calls Derek's made I didn't agree with. Heck, there were decisions/calls GQ made I didn't agree with. It's part of it. They've both have things that are a noticeable Achilles heel and not perfect. This staff is still better than 99.9995% of others out there and I'd not trade in a heartbeat. Wasn't around to see GQ at the beginning of his head coaching tenure, but Derek has grown leaps and bounds over the last three years. Some said that year 1 was just the GQ hangover effect, but I say in year 3 we can say that's not the case.

1 hour ago, GREYRIDERx said:

I'm not really sure what an Oompa Loompa is either but I sure couldn't stop laughing when I looked it up and a picture popped up and the guy that said it pointed right at the person he was talking about.  The mistakes for the most part have pretty much been cured through some hard work from Coach Hunt. I set near one of the parents that turned back and looked at me on one of the worst nights and said I sure would hate to be my son this coming Monday. Coach Hunt has this team where he wants them at right now and I do feel good about this Friday Night.

2 hours ago, strongx said:

It would be SRO if not for the other 3 semifinal games within 20 minutes. Like a few HS stadiums it’s a great place when full. This may be one of those atmosphere games. I guess it always is at this point.

For larger attended games at Maryville, are we talking 5,000, 7,500, 10,000 people?  Just trying to get a sense of what the stadium holds.

On 11/26/2019 at 5:44 PM, DBGRAD70 said:

This Rebel team is not what I remember.  They are not a machine.  They were just not as disciplined as the teams from a few years ago were, IMO.  Now don't get me wrong.  They are an excellent team with really good players and coaches.  But they are definitely beatable by any of the higher ranked middle Tennessee teams.

So I'll go out on a limb here.  I think Oakland will beat this Maryville team on their home turf.  That assumes that all is as it appears based on comments from seemingly knowledgeable fans over in the middle of the state.

I'm sorry the Rebels disappointed you ... This reminds me of something an Old Coach told me a long , long time ago . Whenever you talk down your opponent , all you're doing is talking yourself down ... and diminishing your own accomplishments . So , applying that saying to you .... so were you not impressed that it took Maryville till the 4th qtr to get a running clock on your team ? Were you thinking it should have been running the whole second half ? You do know that it was mostly second and third stringers in most of the second half for Maryville , so I guess my question is , man , do you really think that bad about your team ? 

Maryville came to your field , and put a running clock on DB ... last year Maryville had a running clock put on them by Oakland on their field ... I thought that was impressive as heck , but that would have been a lot more impressive if it had been at Maryville .  Maybe next time we won't disappoint you so much 

• Like 2