Houston @ Ravenwood

tnfootball88

51 minutes ago, tnfootball88 said:

Houston beat Whitehaven 27-6

Ravenwood beat Brentwood 34-6

I’ll take Ravenwood in this one. Too much talent for houston to handle. I know da haven will say they had talent and couldn’t win but RHS actually has coaching that utilizes it.

The shot at Whitehaven fans was unnecessary. I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tnfootball88 said:

Houston beat Whitehaven 27-6

Ravenwood beat Brentwood 34-6

I’ll take Ravenwood in this one. Too much talent for houston to handle. I know da haven will say they had talent and couldn’t win but RHS actually has coaching that utilizes it.

If you go for over 400 yards on Whitehaven, your the real deal. Think this has the potential to be a shootout with the way both teams can sling the ball

5 minutes ago, Norman Dale said:

I watched part of Ravenwood’s game last night online and was very impressed. They are huge upfront, have a good QB, and appear to be very well coached.

There are four really good teams left in 6A- it is not just Oakland and Maryville.

Agreed. I could see all 4 teams winning the title this year

I’m sure Ravenwood won’t have 4 stupid turnovers (one being an interception in the red zone), try to run a 140lb scatback on 4 and 2, not take an easy field goal inside the redzone when your offense has been struggling, have multiple dropped passes, or have multiple trips to the redzone and defensive stops that lead to no pointS... I’m pulling for Houston to win this one but it’s hard to see based off the game last night. Pare is a great HS running back and will probably be good in college too but I can see why D1 schools aren’t beating down his door with offers considering the numbers he’s put up his career and before anyone says it I’m not bitter or anything like that just calling it like I saw it. Houston’s offense as a whole is better than advertised. Pare does his job well and is the beneficiary of great scheme, offensive coaching and balanced offensive attack. Defense will be suspect against the remaining offenses they play but we shall see. As bad as I want them to win I can’t see it happening. I know nothing about this Ravenwood team btw just giving my 2 cents 

20 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

I’m sure Ravenwood won’t have 4 stupid turnovers (one being an interception in the red zone), try to run a 140lb scatback on 4 and 2, not take an easy field goal inside the redzone when your offense has been struggling, have multiple dropped passes, or have multiple trips to the redzone and defensive stops that lead to no pointS... I’m pulling for Houston to win this one but it’s hard to see based off the game last night. Pare is a great HS running back and will probably be good in college too but I can see why D1 schools aren’t beating down his door with offers considering the numbers he’s put up his career and before anyone says it I’m not bitter or anything like that just calling it like I saw it. Houston’s offense as a whole is better than advertised. Pare does his job well and is the beneficiary of great scheme, offensive coaching and balanced offensive attack. Defense will be suspect against the remaining offenses they play but we shall see. As bad as I want them to win I can’t see it happening. I know nothing about this Ravenwood team btw just giving my 2 cents 

This Ravenwood team has more talent then the teams that beat whitehaven back in 2014 and 2015 combined. Not a knock on da haven just stating facts. Ravenwood has about 15 kids that are legitimate D1 players. 

1 hour ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Where is this game going to be played?  Wasn't Ravenwood's field damaged from playing in a monsoon?

Ravenwood is home.  I cannot comment on the condition of their field.

I have never seen Houston play so if they win or make this a contest they must be very talented and athletic.