Friday Main Event Class 1A Matchups

FridayMainEvent

Consider this a safe haven for 1A discussion for anyone wishing to talk about the games without they accusations and such.   It's a shame we can't JUST talk about the teams involved without all the other BS.   We'll discuss both games on this thread to prevent it from merging with previously created threads.

I said on our show last Wednesday this may be the toughest I've ever seen class 1A.   You have 4 legitimate teams with each worthy of a State Title any other year.   I'd put any of these four teams up against last year's final participants and they would (at the very least) be very competitive and likely win the title in 2018.

As for the games, I picked Greenback in the preseason as my number one when I heard Carnes was coming in.   After seeing SP first hand this year and the fact a Coach who faced both teams stated he felt SP would win this game, it's got me rethinking that conclusion.    I'll stay with Greenback since it's a home game for them, but if this game was at South Pitt, I'd favor the Pirates.   I think this game is that close.   In the end, the team with the fewest turnovers, likely wins this one.

I also had Huntingdon ahead of Lake County preseason.   The results of the Huntland game have me second guessing that one as well.   I didn't know as much about Lake County preseason, but after talking with Coach Puckett, I realize that is a VERY good team with a huge chip on their shoulder.   I think most viewed them as the 4th team in 1A all season and they're out to prove a point.   Again, this game is at Huntingdon and their very hard to beat at home.   You've got two very heavy senior oriented teams that have played a ton of games together.   I'll stay with Huntingdon this week, but like the East game, I think this one is also very close.    Wouldn't be surprised at the result either way when it posts this Friday.

Hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving week and your in a position 48 or so other teams would LOVE to be in!   Getting to practice football on Thanksgiving is a privilege so treat it that way!   Safe travels to South Pittsburg and Lake County and hopefully the best two teams make it to Cookeville and things such as injury or poor officiating don't factor in. 

We'll be in Cookeville for the title games.   Be sure and check us out on the Sunday following all the action as we'll have interviews with all the Coaches from Cookeville.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Consider this a safe haven for 1A discussion for anyone wishing to talk about the games without they accusations and such.   It's a shame we can't JUST talk about the teams involved without all the other BS.   We'll discuss both games on this thread to prevent it from merging with previously created threads.

I said on our show last Wednesday this may be the toughest I've ever seen class 1A.   You have 4 legitimate teams with each worthy of a State Title any other year.   I'd put any of these four teams up against last year's final participants and they would (at the very least) be very competitive and likely win the title in 2018.

As for the games, I picked Greenback in the preseason as my number one when I heard Carnes was coming in.   After seeing SP first hand this year and the fact a Coach who faced both teams stated he felt SP would win this game, it's got me rethinking that conclusion.    I'll stay with Greenback since it's a home game for them, but if this game was at South Pitt, I'd favor the Pirates.   I think this game is that close.   In the end, the team with the fewest turnovers, likely wins this one.

I also had Huntingdon ahead of Lake County preseason.   The results of the Huntland game have me second guessing that one as well.   I didn't know as much about Lake County preseason, but after talking with Coach Puckett, I realize that is a VERY good team with a huge chip on their shoulder.   I think most viewed them as the 4th team in 1A all season and they're out to prove a point.   Again, this game is at Huntingdon and their very hard to beat at home.   You've got two very heavy senior oriented teams that have played a ton of games together.   I'll stay with Huntingdon this week, but like the East game, I think this one is also very close.    Wouldn't be surprised at the result either way when it posts this Friday.

Hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving week and your in a position 48 or so other teams would LOVE to be in!   Getting to practice football on Thanksgiving is a privilege so treat it that way!   Safe travels to South Pittsburg and Lake County and hopefully the best two teams make it to Cookeville and things such as injury or poor officiating don't factor in. 

We'll be in Cookeville for the title games.   Be sure and check us out on the Sunday following all the action as we'll have interviews with all the Coaches from Cookeville.

Good job FME!It would be nice to just enjoy the best week of football to date and have grown up discussions.Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Coach Thompson is a cool dude!  Known him for awhile and he's always done me right.  Glad our show is tied to this site.

He took care of me a couple times just because he can,and boy am i grateful had a bad situation brewing in a Coalfield thread one time one of their coaches were posing as GB posters and causing a civil war,he let me in on a couple things and we got it worked out.The Ambassador (God rest his soul) helped me out also.

14 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

No just tired of the trash. Let’s not ruin this thread. FME does a good job so let’s not ruin their site.

I’m not aware that I’ve ever ruined any thread. I remember several years ago there were some guys that were ruthless on SP all season because of 1 transfer. When you get that many starters in one season it’s kinda par for the course. It’s happened to us as well. In the end it’s a message board and personally I don’t care what people say. I just keep scrolling if I don’t like it. :)

10 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

I’m not aware that I’ve ever ruined any thread. I remember several years ago there were some guys that were ruthless on SP all season because of 1 transfer. When you get that many starters in one season it’s kinda par for the course. It’s happened to us as well. In the end it’s a message board and personally I don’t care what people say. I just keep scrolling if I don’t like it. :)

I like your posts 03,you stay true for sure

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

He took care of me a couple times just because he can,and boy am i grateful had a bad situation brewing in a Coalfield thread one time one of their coaches were posing as GB posters and causing a civil war,he let me in on a couple things and we got it worked out.The Ambassador (God rest his soul) helped me out also.

Where has Bass been? Anyone know? Miss reading his posts!