Henry County Patriots 2020

PatriotNation

7 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

I havent heard that about metro and Clarksville schools possibly not playing. I'm not a big fan of the possible changes to the season for this year but 2020 has been a wild one so I'm not surprised. I would love to play Gallatin again! Can anyone explain why there is even a possibility of playing the season without having a championship? That makes absolutely no sense to me at all. The kids across the state don't work and prepare all year to have something like that taken away from them. 

That proposal got absolutely no backing from the coaches and will not happen.  TSSAA needs the playoff gate money.  

1 hour ago, PatriotsNation said:

Ok I figured. I havent kept up with it super closely but had seen something about it. How's Gallatin looking this year?

We should be pretty good offensively.  We have to rebuild on the defensive side, losing all those hard hitters will be tough to replace.  

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

We should be pretty good offensively.  We have to rebuild on the defensive side, losing all those hard hitters will be tough to replace.  

That reminds me of us. Should be really good offensively but the question mark is how are we going to be defensively? If we can play normal Henry County defense we should be ok. 

This will be the most uncertain YANKER post ever!!!!!!! BUT..........the all knowing and remarkable YANKER promised a post this week, so here it is. The great YANKER was more than a little dismayed by the lack of action by the TSSAA...makes no sense at all. What are they waiting on????? Many surrounding states have offered their plans and the TSSAA could do the same but did NOT!!!!!!!  The entire COVID-19 debacle has turned political and that is why this all knowing and brilliant YANKER does not quite have a handle on the upcoming fall football season. But the YANKER does see a start to the season, albeit without the participation of the entire state (the TSSAA does not require statewide participation for the season to begin). Things get tricky for football as some school systems will inevitably shut down as COVID-19 starts showing up in the school populations. If the Governor steps in and closes school, then the season will be suspended. If school continues online, then some systems will let outdoor football continue while others may not. So this wise YANKER sees a start to the season but he does not yet see how or if it will end.  I will post more information as I see fit. Meanwhile, be safe!  I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!  I AM THE ONLY YANKER YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!!!!!!  I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 2:33 PM, Yanker said:

This will be the most uncertain YANKER post ever!!!!!!! BUT..........the all knowing and remarkable YANKER promised a post this week, so here it is. The great YANKER was more than a little dismayed by the lack of action by the TSSAA...makes no sense at all. What are they waiting on????? Many surrounding states have offered their plans and the TSSAA could do the same but did NOT!!!!!!!  The entire COVID-19 debacle has turned political and that is why this all knowing and brilliant YANKER does not quite have a handle on the upcoming fall football season. But the YANKER does see a start to the season, albeit without the participation of the entire state (the TSSAA does not require statewide participation for the season to begin). Things get tricky for football as some school systems will inevitably shut down as COVID-19 starts showing up in the school populations. If the Governor steps in and closes school, then the season will be suspended. If school continues online, then some systems will let outdoor football continue while others may not. So this wise YANKER sees a start to the season but he does not yet see how or if it will end.  I will post more information as I see fit. Meanwhile, be safe!  I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!  I AM THE ONLY YANKER YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!!!!!!  I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!

We all hope to get a season in but I just dont really know what to think at this time. Hopefully TSSAA will make a decision very soon....

Hey Yanker! I liked your post but have a statement and question for you.

At Blankenship Field in Oak Ridge we have names for people based on where they watch the game from. The people who stand around the fence are called FENCERS. Those who stand under the Press box are known as BOXERS ( I am a Boxer ). There are several other group names.

My question is do yankers get their name because they watch the game from the bathroom while yank...?  Curious minds want to know.  :roflol::thumb::popcorneater:

Best of luck to your team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Hey Yanker! I liked your post but have a statement and question for you.

At Blankenship Field in Oak Ridge we have names for people based on where they watch the game from. The people who stand around the fence are called FENCERS. Those who stand under the Press box are known as BOXERS ( I am a Boxer ). There are several other group names.

My question is do yankers get their name because they watch the game from the bathroom while yank...?  Curious minds want to know.  :roflol::thumb::popcorneater:

Best of luck to your team.

Sounds like the Yanker might have just got Yanked! :roflolk:

• 2 weeks later...