1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

4 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO... You and pops is two of the cockiest people I garuntee I've heard seen on here.  Junior you is like old pirates little chiwawah.  You think im joking but im not. 

RD don’t get so tore up. These are good ole boys that will be by your side through thick and thin. Running them goats like y’all been doing ant no count. Ant long till one peeps on a electric fence. 

1 hour ago, Spfan2011 said:

Why doesn't greenback upgrade their stadium up? The visitors bleachers are smaller than my living room

Just be glad that's what we have...it took the County's Vocational School to lay the block, the FB coaches at that time to set in place the seating and a alumnus that owned a metal shop to construct the steps and railing; nearly thirty years ago...SO IF YOU GOT ANY MONEY IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Well it is game day and i am PROUD to have been a Cherokee and i am PROUD my sons were CHEROKEES i am PROUD to support my Cherokees and i am looking forward for the tuff task at hand for tonight.I was taught to respect ALL opponents and i do my best to do that.SP has ALWAYS had mine even when all the crap talk was going on about them.I know the processs in SPs "fueding" to try to get folks argue their team with them and it is quite entertaining but something said about players and calling the place we call home terrible names goes beyond the line of "feuding".As far as our reputation it is JUST fine.Guys i wish you safe travels and i hope we can matchup with your team and excellent coaches.GAME DAY GO CHEROKEES!!!

5 hours ago, cherokean said:

4-4...1969-1976

1969  L  8-34

1970 W 44-20

1971 L 20-24

1972 L 15-27

1973 W 34-20

1974 L 26-27

1975 W 30-14

1976 W 13-7

All I ever heard bout this series is...better keep your head on a swivel when that whistle was blown. 

I played in a scrimmage against them in 85,they were a VERY dangerous team to play.The whistle had no effect and we had kids gerting MURDERED!Steve Jackson got hit in the head after a whistle and the ambulance came and got him.We never scrimmaged them again.

Well here we are, GAME DAY! Bittersweet that PirateMike will not be with us but Howiesmashville and I plan to be loud enough for him to hear us. Two dominant teams, two totally different styles ready to fight it out tonight at Cooper Field. Feuding aside, it’s just kids playing kids in a  game they love and the game we ADULTS continue to be passionate about. Let’s line them up, blow the whistle and let the boys on the field battle to the end. Win of lose, the players and fans are in for a treat tonight. High school football at its best will be on display. Praying both teams keep their emotions in check no matter which way the pendulum swings tonight because all players will be needed on the field next week to face the winner from the west. Best of luck to both teams, with most of that to my Pirates of course. At the end, shake hands, walk off the field with your heads high. The memories will remain with you always. See everyone a little later today, ITS SHOWTIME! With that said, a late score seals the deal...

Pirates 35

Greenback 21

GO Pirates 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Well here we are, GAME DAY! Bittersweet that PirateMike will not be with us but Howiesmashville and I plan to be loud enough for him to hear us. Two dominant teams, two totally different styles ready to fight it out tonight at Cooper Field. Feuding aside, it’s just kids playing kids in a  game they love and the game we ADULTS continue to be passionate about. Let’s line them up, blow the whistle and let the boys on the field battle to the end. Win of lose, the players and fans are in for a treat tonight. High school football at its best will be on display. Praying both teams keep their emotions in check no matter which way the pendulum swings tonight because all players will be needed on the field next week to face the winner from the west. Best of luck to both teams, with most of that to my Pirates of course. At the end, shake hands, walk off the field with your heads high. The memories will remain with you always. See everyone a little later today, ITS SHOWTIME! With that said, a late score seals the deal...

Pirates 35

Greenback 21

GO Pirates 

LRDAO... When junior wakes up and sees this mess he is going to tell you real quick Grider will be lucky to have them at 21 by end of first quarter.  You think im joking but im not. 

25 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Pirates 35

Greenback 21

GO Pirates 

Be safe on your way and prayers for PM