1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

13 minutes ago, powerp said:

I'm proud of our team. I thought they played extremely hard on defense. We had the ball with 4 minutes to go in the game and couldn't get a few first downs. You can't blame refs or anything else. At the end of the game we had a chance and we didn't get it done. Could have went either way honestly. I would be willing to bet SP will be back next year with them returning a good bit of talent 

Very good comment. It really could have went either way. My son said #7 had the ball in his hands on the last play for a split second and a couple of Kee's knocked it out of his hands. Best High School game I have ever seen.

Great game to watch. Heartbreaking game to be a part of at the same time. Congrats to the Cherokees and good luck next week. It was good to meet a few of you Greenback guys before the game as well.

Congratulations on another good season for the Pirates and thank you for the memories that this season brought. We could talk about missed opportunities in this game but then you would have to talk about the missed opportunities that Greenback had as well so in the end it all balances out. 

Hold your heads up boys, it was a great ride. Good luck to the seniors on your future endeavors. And for those returning, hit the weight room and let's make some more memories next season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Great game to watch. Heartbreaking game to be a part of at the same time. Congrats to the Cherokees and good luck next week. It was good to meet a few of you Greenback guys before the game as well.

Congratulations on another good season for the Pirates and thank you for the memories that this season brought. We could talk about missed opportunities in this game but then you would have to talk about the missed opportunities that Greenback had as well so in the end it all balances out. 

Hold your heads up boys, it was a great ride. Good luck to the seniors on your future endeavors. And for those returning, hit the weight room and let's make some more memories next season.

Great to finally out a face to a screen name you and D60 were great to talk too.Good ball teams have great memories!

4 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Great meeting you sir. That was the best game I have ever watched. Shout out to the South Pitt.. fans everyone was great I talked to and they supported their team as passionately as we do our Cherokees. I fully believe that was for the Championship and neither team deserved to lose. All the boys on both sides played with great sportsmanship and were a great reflection of their programs. Look forward to seeing the Pirates in 2020.

• Like 2