Dobyns-Bennett 2020- Team 100 Offseason Thread

DBKPT93

5 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

One DB poster seems missing! Where did he disappear to? He's done pulled a MJ GoBers disappearing act. 

I know you don't have anything empirical, but do you think anyone at Maryville takes DB or Science Hill seriously?       Let's just be honest, you guys beat the daylights out of both of them every time you meet.    Sort of like nobody in R2 5A takes any of us R1'ers seriously, and why should they, we can never get past them on a consistent basis.

59 minutes ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

All this season has done is get DB folks built up and be on here next yr saying how much better and farther their going in the playoffs.The team needs to lesson to the coaches and moving forward.

Thanks for the support and you know we have a DB boy on this Betsy team.

DB was better this year than in several years past, they had a good defense and an efficient, but not flashy offense.  I think the coaching staff is on the right track, I wonder how much the new school (West Ridge, I think) is going to hurt them?  I heard DB will have to start playing them in 2021, forcing them to drop either Oak Ridge or Alcoa.  I am afraid it will take a long time to get them to the level Maryville is, but of any of the 6A schools around, they have the best chance.

10 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

DB was better this year than in several years past, they had a good defense and an efficient, but not flashy offense.  I think the coaching staff is on the right track, I wonder how much the new school (West Ridge, I think) is going to hurt them?  I heard DB will have to start playing them in 2021, forcing them to drop either Oak Ridge or Alcoa.  I am afraid it will take a long time to get them to the level Maryville is, but of any of the 6A schools around, they have the best chance.

2021..... So is that the latest projection for West Ridge to be open?

13 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

It keeps sounding more and more like a pipe dream, so you are probably right.

One thing that interests me, if the new school does make it and eventually happen, it will take South and Central away from 4A and possibly could drop East down a class which would mean at least 2 possibly 3 less conference games for EHS/Greeneville. That makes me wonder who is gonna get realigned

7 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

One thing that interests me, if the new school does make it and eventually happen, it will take South and Central away from 4A and possibly could drop East down a class which would mean at least 2 possibly 3 less conference games for EHS/Greeneville. That makes me wonder who is gonna get realigned

The new school also takes Sullivan North.

12 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Judging from the comments by Coach Christian after the Maryville game I have a feeling he's going to get some kind of control over the city little leagues and middle school coaching. If he pulls it off I think you'll start seeing DB fielding teams that can compete with Maryville 5 or 6 years from now. DB always has good athletes, and they are doing a darn good job of coaching them in high school. The problem is and has been for many years, they don't do a very good job of teaching the fundamentals in the lower leagues. Basically the Maryville players have been playing 5 years longer than the DB players. That's why they look like a college team playing a high school team.

• Like 1