early season results

Bump11

i know it’s “preseason” still technically, but there’s already been some big results. here’s a few i’ve seen in the lightweights

106- Bentley Ellison (Cleveland) dec Jackson Masters (Summit) 2-0

113- Justin Bradford (Blackman) dec Arlo Laxton (Cleveland) 2-1

120- Hunter Borders (Wilson Cen.) p. Tyler South (Stewart’s Cr)

126- Ethan Moore (Rossview) dec Jackson Bradford (Cleveland) 2-0, also dec Grant Fetters (Wilson Cen) 6-1

132- Mason Sells (Blackman) won in sudden victory - 1 over Zachary Teaster (Heritage) (SV-1 6-4)

Thomas Williams (Rossview) won by fall over Charles Randall (Cleveland) (Fall 2:38)

Thomas Williams (Rossview) won by decision over Mason Sells (Blackman) (Dec 2-0)

Charles Randall (Cleveland) won by decision over Zachary Teaster (Heritage) (Dec 7-0)

Charles Randall (Cleveland) won by decision over Mason Sells (Blackman) (Dec 4-0)

Thomas Williams (Rossview) won by fall over Zachary Teaster (Heritage) (Fall 1:54)

at blackman they were grouped into pools within 3-5 pounds of each other based on weights the night before. so any weight difference was minimal. making any results still eye catching  

for example...ethan moore beating jackson bradford, even if he was a few pounds heavier, is still a significant win

Edited by Bump11
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bump11 said:

at blackman they were grouped into pools within 3-5 pounds of each other based on weights the night before. so any weight difference was minimal. making any results still eye catching  

for example...ethan moore beating jackson bradford, even if he was a few pounds heavier, is still a significant win

The weigh ins were based on the honor system. I am going to leave it at that. Give Moore all the credit in the world he wrestled a smart match given the one minute periods. Significant win at a preseason tournament though? Nothing any of these kids are chasing is won in November. Now Laxton versus Bradford from Blackman was close and I would think will continue to be moving forward. Ellison although small for the weight wrestled good. Randall is going to surprise some people this season. Williams will be a contender at 138-145. Wilson Central looked good from the matches I was able to catch. They will be a good dual team with not a lot of holes this year. Borders is the favorite at 113 and the Fort and Fisak kid both wrestled solid.