1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

2 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Never have I seen a game this close in the 3rd and one coach call his last timeout to rip an official, get a 15-yd penalty, and still win the game...I figured they were done at that point. LC reminded me a lot or us; in the penalty stat that is :roflolk:

It can go both ways. Sometimes the kids see a coach fight for them and they dig deeper and play harder. 

Here’s my 2 cents:

LC was a lot bigger than I expected.  Not just in size but physicality.  AND they never got tired.  They never stopped doing what their coaches were telling them to do, you could tell.  If #11 had not gone out early on for LC then those 4th and shorts would have been converted and this game may have been lopsided early.   Once LC adjusted with different personnel, it didn’t matter anymore. #5 and #12 appeared to be 2 of the most humble kids.  It was 110% while the play was in motion, then calm leadership in a huddle or on the sideline.   Based on this game ALONE, and the thought of him playing like this all season, #5 should have been Mr Football.  This is the only game I’ve seen of Lake County.  They didn’t do anything fancy.  They found what worked running the ball and made you pay for not being able to adjust, then if they needed a pass, they would get it.   

GB’s line offensively seem to play slow which is mostly because of LC quickness.  They are a throwing team mostly, and it showed when they got in the red zone or when they needed only a first down.  They got to be able to run the ball better, against the well balanced well coached teams like LC.  Some might say that when Willis went down it hurt their passing game, which it did!  He is a great WR and a beast who takes over games when on the line.  When he went down they didn’t have that.  Those LB’s for LC were banging him around when he tried to push through them on the motion slot drag that he is normally great at running.  To be a 90% passing team, they didn’t have a TD pass by the QB, only one was on the WR pass by Willis.  I agree they needed to ride Stinnet, #20 I think, because he IMO is their biggest playmaker.  

When your 4000 yard passer throws 3-4 INT’s with no TD’s it’s tough to win in a 90% pass team.  But the credit goes to LC for executing on both defense and offense like they did.  Of course, I’m SP guy, but IMO if LC played liked that against us, the results would have been the same.  Congrats LC!  The BEST 1A team I’ve seen in several years.  

• Upvote 4

Congratulations Lake County!! I know Dylan is up there in heaven giving a shout out the whole world can hear! He would be super excited for y'all! Way to play football all year! We couldn't be more proud for y'all.  Great job coach Puckett and the rest of the coaching staff!! Forever 23!!!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Here’s my 2 cents:

LC was a lot bigger than I expected.  Not just in size but physicality.  AND they never got tired.  They never stopped doing what their coaches were telling them to do, you could tell.  If #11 had not gone out early on for LC then those 4th and shorts would have been converted and this game may have been lopsided early.   Once LC adjusted with different personnel, it didn’t matter anymore. #5 and #12 appeared to be 2 of the most humble kids.  It was 110% while the play was in motion, then calm leadership in a huddle or on the sideline.   Based on this game ALONE, and the thought of him playing like this all season, #5 should have been Mr Football.  This is the only game I’ve seen of Lake County.  They didn’t do anything fancy.  They found what worked running the ball and made you pay for not being able to adjust, then if they needed a pass, they would get it.   

GB’s line offensively seem to play slow which is mostly because of LC quickness.  They are a throwing team mostly, and it showed when they got in the red zone or when they needed only a first down.  They got to be able to run the ball better, against the well balanced well coached teams like LC.  Some might say that when Willis went down it hurt their passing game, which it did!  He is a great WR and a beast who takes over games when on the line.  When he went down they didn’t have that.  Those LB’s for LC were banging him around when he tried to push through them on the motion slot drag that he is normally great at running.  To be a 90% passing team, they didn’t have a TD pass by the QB, only one was on the WR pass by Willis.  I agree they needed to ride Stinnet, #20 I think, because he IMO is their biggest playmaker.  

When your 4000 yard passer throws 3-4 INT’s with no TD’s it’s tough to win in a 90% pass team.  But the credit goes to LC for executing on both defense and offense like they did.  Of course, I’m SP guy, but IMO if LC played liked that against us, the results would have been the same.  Congrats LC!  The BEST 1A team I’ve seen in several years.  

Old Falcon says, there should be a recount on Mr. Football. Snyder is the real beast in 1a. 

• CoachT locked this topic