1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

21 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I will say this last thing to you OP,we were at the ihop this morn and a man comes up and says he has been going to the championship game for 25 years and he asked of we were LC we said nope GB.He so you all were the ones who put SP out i said yep he gave us all high fives and said there are a few of us that do this every year and we cant stand those fans.Just being honest and i laugh at your comments this year and now.Good day and have a good offseason we WILL meet again.

O&B, OP will say this last thing to you. A couple of us SP were eating at Waffle House & wearing our orange & black. These two fellers asked if we were from GB? We laughed and told them that kind of talk was insulting. They both laughed and asked why? We told them we were from SP and begin to laugh and extend hands fer shaking. 1st you know they sat in booth next to us. They said they sure was pulling fer the Pirates last, hoping we would beat the Cherokees. Really jest curious, asked them why? They both chuckled and said you SP fellers really called them cheaters out! Laughter went viral fer a smart amount of time. They too like a HEEP of us old timers go annually to the state championships. We all left there as fans with one hope in mind! That simply was another state championship was not given to a program that the TSSAA miserably failed to hold accountable! Good day and you have a good off season. 

6 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

I disagree. I have met several that I like. Now they do have a few that I don’t particularly care for but my team does also. 

You are spot on,have a few GREAT ones.He just spoke in general,said they yell at opposing teams and we know that to be a fact,they booed our boys coming on the field last Fri and yelled and clapped at the boys who dropped a ball during warmups,i personally have never seen that from anyone else.

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Here’s my 2 cents:

LC was a lot bigger than I expected.  Not just in size but physicality.  AND they never got tired.  They never stopped doing what their coaches were telling them to do, you could tell.  If #11 had not gone out early on for LC then those 4th and shorts would have been converted and this game may have been lopsided early.   Once LC adjusted with different personnel, it didn’t matter anymore. #5 and #12 appeared to be 2 of the most humble kids.  It was 110% while the play was in motion, then calm leadership in a huddle or on the sideline.   Based on this game ALONE, and the thought of him playing like this all season, #5 should have been Mr Football.  This is the only game I’ve seen of Lake County.  They didn’t do anything fancy.  They found what worked running the ball and made you pay for not being able to adjust, then if they needed a pass, they would get it.   

GB’s line offensively seem to play slow which is mostly because of LC quickness.  They are a throwing team mostly, and it showed when they got in the red zone or when they needed only a first down.  They got to be able to run the ball better, against the well balanced well coached teams like LC.  Some might say that when Willis went down it hurt their passing game, which it did!  He is a great WR and a beast who takes over games when on the line.  When he went down they didn’t have that.  Those LB’s for LC were banging him around when he tried to push through them on the motion slot drag that he is normally great at running.  To be a 90% passing team, they didn’t have a TD pass by the QB, only one was on the WR pass by Willis.  I agree they needed to ride Stinnet, #20 I think, because he IMO is their biggest playmaker.  

When your 4000 yard passer throws 3-4 INT’s with no TD’s it’s tough to win in a 90% pass team.  But the credit goes to LC for executing on both defense and offense like they did.  Of course, I’m SP guy, but IMO if LC played liked that against us, the results would have been the same.  Congrats LC!  The BEST 1A team I’ve seen in several years.  

+1

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

...they yell at opposing teams and we know that to be a fact,they booed our boys coming on the field last Fri and yelled and clapped at the boys who dropped a ball during warmups,i personally have never seen that from anyone else.

Don't know anything about SP fans other than what I've read here.  But what you describe is disappointing.  Unfortunate. Guess there's one in every crowd, just don't want it to be the crowd.

1 hour ago, HingleMcCringleberry said:

Congrats to Lake County! Good thing y’all beat Greenback and didn’t beat SP you would have heard whining and complaining for months.  Go Naders and Rebels!

Take a hike! They would have beaten us too. That game could have easily ended with over 50 points for Lake County. 

3 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Well you all just saw our worst half of football this year. Play calling is good at times. Atrocious at times. We shouldn’t run the football the rest of the game unless it’s a QB draw. Motion confuses LC DB’s and we do it maybe 3 times. We need to take what they give us because rn we are absolutely not! Also, I wish someone would go teach high school kids how to tackle nowadays. 

Donkey special just for yaw

• CoachT locked this topic